Does my slant look any better to you?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Andromeda

Does my slant look any better to you?

#1 Post by Andromeda »

Last month I had elastics on my left side to bring my bite closed more and not on my right side because it wasn't ready yet. The left side showed drastic improvement literally overnight, but that led to my teeth looking slanted since the left side was more closed than the right, like so:

A week ago, I started wearing the elastics on my right side but they don't seem to be doing as well!! As I said, my left side changed drastically overnight so I was expecting the same for my right side and now I'm worried that the slant won't be gone for my debanding in 2 weeks! Here is the same pic as above just without the lines, which was taken last month and I'd like you to compare it to the final pic I am posting which I took today and please tell me if you think the slant is any better at all or the same or what. Thanks.

Last Month: Elastics only on left side to close bite

Today: 1 week into elastics on the right side to close bite

I am just getting paranoid because the slant really bothers me and I thought it would be gone within a few days. Also, my ortho did tell me that he is purposely making my front left tooth a little longer than the right one because it has some wear on the edge and he wants to file it down to make it even and when he files it down, it will become the same length of the front right tooth. But it seems like to do this, he had to make the teeth at the gumline uneven which isn't going to change when he files the front tooth and having the gumline uneven would make my face look lopsided I think. I'm just looking for a little advice I guess on how noticeable it is and if you would be worried about it. I still have 2 more weeks for the elastics to do a little more work on the right side but what are your thoughts?

Thanks for reading - I'm so glad I have this forum when stuff like this comes up :)

sdawdy

#2 Post by sdawdy »

Andromeda,
It does look better; however, there is still room for more improvement (in my opinion). If you notice your from teeth on the right are not sitting right on top of your brackets as they were on the before pictures. Give it a try and do the line across the teeth and brackets again as you may see where it has improved. Your teeth are looking great, and I cant wait for mine to be where yours are!

SD

uvraise

#3 Post by uvraise »

Your teeth look absolutely beautiful! I wish mine looked half as good as yours! Very nice smile by the way!

pearls

#4 Post by pearls »

YES It's starting to improve!! You can see there is no longer a gap between your lower right canine and lateral and your upper right canine. I'm so jealous of your midline. I'm meant to be getting my braces off tomorrow and there are just so many things I'm not happy with that I know I'll burst into tears if they do take them off.

Keep wearing your elastics and hopefully your improvement will continue! :D

Pearls
Spacers in: 9/4/2008
Braces on:16/4/2008
Sentanced for: 18 months
Metal upper and lowers

Andromeda

#5 Post by Andromeda »

Thanks for the inputs so far - I'm really glad to have your opinions. I guess it has improved some but yea I think there is definitely room for more improvement so I will just keep up with elastics wear and hopefully they'll keep on moving :)

Pearls - I REALLY hope things work out for you tomorrow at your appointment. If they take them off, just keep up with wearing your retainers and enjoy the freedom while you are on your holiday! Maybe you will even grow to like the way they turned out but if not, I'm sure you can have more done when your holiday is over. Even retainers can be used to tweak teeth so maybe that's all you'll need. I know teeth usually tend to settle into better positions especially with the bite once the braces come off so just keep that in mind. I know I will be trying to keep that in mind because there's bound to be something I'm going to feel still needs work on my debanding day; if it's not this slant, there will be something else I'm sure because they just aren't ever going to be "perfect". Please do post and let us know how it goes though, and thank you for your thoughts and advice on my issues!!

Andromeda

#6 Post by Andromeda »

Well I went in yesterday and had my ortho do a few adjustments because the slant was still not going away. I have a gray powerchain on top now so it's harder to see the archwire but here are the progression pics again from the past month:

April 27:

May 17, a little bit better:

Today, May 22 (I used my camera's flash so it's a little bright...) :

Slant at its worst and now today:
Image Image

It's still not perfect but I am much happier with it now and wanted to share :)

pearls

#7 Post by pearls »

Gorgeous! Looks absolutely perfect to me. Congrats. I bet you're super stoked.

Can't wait to see the final results! I'll be on holiday while you get them off, but I'm going to find an internet cafe and pop onto this website just to see your lovely naked pearly whites.

Pearls.
Spacers in: 9/4/2008
Braces on:16/4/2008
Sentanced for: 18 months
Metal upper and lowers

electrokitty

#8 Post by electrokitty »

They look great to me.
Congrats- I bet you can't wait to get them off now!

blindboarder2008
Location: in a house that has 4 walls, with lots of rooms!!! in Canada!

#9 Post by blindboarder2008 »

ohhhhh those look really goood andromeda!!!!! You must be soo happy now:D!!!!
Braced: March 19th 2008
Impacted wisdom teeth extraction surgery: June 20th 2008 1pm (13 hours of fasting)
Jaw surgery (upper and lower)Lefort 1 with Madable Advancement: June 2nd 2009 @8am!!!! 1 surgery down 2 surgeries to go!!
debrace day: jan 18th 2010!!!! *has 2 fixed retainers and an essix retainer for night time now!

sdawdy

#10 Post by sdawdy »

WOW!!!!!!

What an amazing improvement. You must really be happy with the way things are turning out!!!!

SD

Andromeda

#11 Post by Andromeda »

Thanks so much everyone!!! Yes I am much happier now with them - I was a little worried there for a while but I think it's much better now :)

And pearls - I hope your holiday is amazing and I really hope you can get internet access once in a while during your time here in the States!!

Only 8 days left til braces come off!!! :D

blindboarder2008
Location: in a house that has 4 walls, with lots of rooms!!! in Canada!

#12 Post by blindboarder2008 »

:D :D congratz!!!
Braced: March 19th 2008
Impacted wisdom teeth extraction surgery: June 20th 2008 1pm (13 hours of fasting)
Jaw surgery (upper and lower)Lefort 1 with Madable Advancement: June 2nd 2009 @8am!!!! 1 surgery down 2 surgeries to go!!
debrace day: jan 18th 2010!!!! *has 2 fixed retainers and an essix retainer for night time now!

beachbum

#13 Post by beachbum »

Yay! That's awesome.