Anyone wore braces for 6 MONTHS?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

songy75

Anyone wore braces for 6 MONTHS?

#1 Post by songy75 »

Hello All~

I'm wearing braces for almost 3 months now. I don't notice too much difference yet but my ortho told me the progress is great - we have planned to wear my braces for 6 months but is this possible at all?

Also, what's next after braces?????????? Don't you have to wear some sort of stuff to keep your teeth stright still becuase all I can say is that it will move back to same postions after braces are off? Am i right?

Please advise!
Thank you all!!!!

Andromeda

#2 Post by Andromeda »

I don't know anyone who has been done after 6 months without using speed braces in which they mostly only fix the front teeth to look straight but they don't fix your bite fully so its not full orthodontic treatment, only partial. But Im sure if your teeth are not too far from where they need to be to start off, then you could probably be done in 6 months.

After the braces are removed you will need to wear retainers or your teeth will shift back again. Your ortho should provide you with these but you should check to see if they are included in treatment cost or an extra charge. There are different kinds of retainers so you can also ask what kind you will get. They can probably show you what they look like in the office.

Hope that helps! :)

uncdl

#3 Post by uncdl »

My orthodontist told me that he believed if he could fix a person's teeth in a year or less, then they didn't really need braces to start with. I'm not saying that is true or false, I'm just passing along what he told me.

Good luck! :D
Ceramics on top on 4/03/08
Metal on bottom on 4/03/08

Megan11

#4 Post by Megan11 »

Like Andromeda said, the only time I hear of anyone having braces for 6 months is when they have Speed Braces.

I could maybe see 6 months if someone had a gap in their front teeth and no bite problems or any other gaps...but I dont know 6 months sounds unrealistic to me if you want to know the truth.

That's why you should always get a second opinion. Two orthos told me 18 months and one said 12 months. I went with the 12 month dude and I am definitely not going to be done in 12 months haha. Clearly I should have figured that much in the first place, but who doesn't want to be told what they want to hear :D

Damon 3's
First 6 Clear/Metal

CactusZAF

#5 Post by CactusZAF »

I can't comment on if it's possible (although I can't see why not), but I'm so so jealous of you if you get this right. I've had mine for like 20 months now and am still far from finished.

Best of luck.