Should these been taken off now? PICS

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

pearls

Should these been taken off now? PICS

#1 Post by pearls »

My ortho has scheduled me in for a debanding in 4 weeks time. I think he may be pushing my treatment forward so he can take my braces off before I go overseas for 5 months. I do not care at all if I have my braces on whilst overseas, but it may put a hinderance on my progress (a price I'm willing to pay)

I took photos today of my teeth at the moment. You can click on my www to see my progress so far. Personally I think they have aesthetically declined which is just such a shame.

Please give me your honest opinion on what you think could be fixed (e.g, midline, bite, twisting etc). I know non of us are professionals, I'm just asking for an honest opinion. If these were your teeth - what would you ask your ortho to fix?

Thanks so much in advance, any comments are GREATLY appreciated.

Spacers in: 9/4/2008
Braces on:16/4/2008
Sentanced for: 18 months
Metal upper and lowers

pearls

#2 Post by pearls »

i should note i have an adjustment in 2 weeks before my debanding in 4 weeks, so i still have a chance for some minor adjustments to be made
Metal upper and lowers

terra85

#3 Post by terra85 »

I'm no expert, but it looks like your midline is off and you've got a slight gap between your two front top teeth. I mean honestly, your teeth look great right now but I think the midline and gap could possibly be addressed if they bother you.
Age 23. Midline off by 5mm, lots of crowding, and a tooth on top of a tooth.

starzz

#4 Post by starzz »

I agree with Terra. There is a small gap between your top front teeth (a powerchain should fix that and I see you already have one there). Your midline is off center (but your elastic should be working on that). Also I notice the height of your top 2 front teeth is uneven, one appears longer. Your ortho can make a bend in the wire to adjust this. Not sure about the bite, it looks reasonably good (but I'm no expert).

The issue with you going away for 5 months is they don't want to overcorrect things too much. So maybe there's a way to put you in a holding pattern with the braces still on if they can't be finished before your time overseas?
Braced for 2 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 5 days (the 2nd time ‘round)
Hawley on top, Essix on bottom

pearls

#5 Post by pearls »

Thanks terra and starzz so much. I hope hoping for a few more responses, but I guess I'm out of luck.

These are the things which are bothering me:

-My right side of my jaw (photo left) bites down much deeper than my left, therefore making my smile look uneven.

-My midline is off.

- My teeth are quite spacey all over. They do not seem as 'tight' as they used to.

- My top left lateral incisor looks like it is sitting way way higher than my right one, again making my bite look uneven.

- My top right lateral incisor sits further back than the left one.

- My top left lateral incisor is not rotated to the front as much as my right one, making it look a bit wonky.

- My left canine is slightly more prominant than my right one.

- My top left front tooth is slightly longer than my right.

- And the thing which bothers me the MOST is that my bottom right teeth sit SO much higher than my left ones. It just looks rediculous, and it can be quite uncomfortable at times as the canine often clashes with my top lateral incisor.

Am I being far too picky/petty? Is it bad that I am bothered so much by these? I hope I'm not being unreasonable at all.

Any advice is muchly appreciated.

Pearls
Metal upper and lowers

pearls

#6 Post by pearls »

Oh and one of my front four teeth on the bottom is not perfectly in line with the others.
Metal upper and lowers

nomorecrowd

#7 Post by nomorecrowd »

I see the space between the middle 2 teeth. Personally that would bother me. Otherwise I think they look great

sisi

#8 Post by sisi »

Hi pearls

I think you have beautiful teeth but I can totally understand your point of view. If you are not happy you should ask your ortho to give it more time. I think you should insist on the closing of the gaps that you feel are there.

starzz

#9 Post by starzz »

The clashing canine is not good, that means it and the lateral incisor will wear down faster. Also I would point out the fact that your midline is off means the canine is not in the place it's supposed to be, because lower teeth are shifted compared to uppers. I think you should take your list to your ortho and ask what if anything they can do to correct each issue.

Bear in mind that teeth size and shape are not perfectly uniform, so for example one lateral incisor may be smaller than the other, etc.
Braced for 2 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 5 days (the 2nd time ‘round)
Hawley on top, Essix on bottom

TLB in Minneapolis

#10 Post by TLB in Minneapolis »

I think your teeth look really good however, I can see what you mean about your bottom right teeth hitting the uppers, etc. and your teeth looking slightly spaced-with that being said if your not totally happy I would definately schedule a meeting with your ortho and explain these things. Maybe write them down like you did on this forum so he/she can see you mean business. I would stand firm and stay until he/she answers all of your concerns. My ortho did a teeny bit of IPR on my uppers so they looked tighter, maybe that's an option for you?

I am in the same boat actaully and am getting a second opinion from another ortho. My current one wants to take mine off in 3 weeks and I'm seeing stuff that still doesn't look finished. I'm glad (not that I want others to have my problems) that I can see others are having the same issues-now I don't feel so alone! I wish you the best and hopefully you can to a point where you are 100% happy and then get your braces off.