I am a bit more happy today.....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kirjax

I am a bit more happy today.....

#1 Post by kirjax »

It actually felt good to have a retainer check today so I could get some answers to some issues.

One the gum sensitivity I have been experiencing post braces I was told is actually very normal and all I need to do is rinse a few more times a day with listerine as well as scrub the area really good with a toothbrush (more then just a normal brush job). He told me this will help unbruise the gums.

Secondly, I was told today that I only have to wear the retainer 16 hrs out of the day instead of the 24 hours I was told on debanding day!! Woohooo!!! That's great for me cause that means I can leave them out from like lunch to dinner!!! He said if I see my teeth look like they're shiftin to leave them in a bit longer the following day. But he said that things look really great and "see you in 3 months!"

He also was highly impressed by my super pearly whites! He asked if I had them bleached and I was like, "nope a few crest white strips did the job!" he smiled and gave me a thumbs up and said, "well great cause they look really really nice and white!" So that made me happy cause I was always scared that once the braces came off I'd have permanently stained teeth!

So if anyone is looking for a cheaper method for whiter teeth try the new crest seal strips....they really do work!

Sentenced: 20-24 months
Braced May 11, 2007
Debraced Feb. 23, 2009
21 months in braces, 17 months in elastic, NO regrets!! Now in Hawley retainers!!

newsboysgrl777

#2 Post by newsboysgrl777 »

Awesome!! Glad things are going well!! Now for my real reason for posting...may we see pic, please?!! :)

kirjax

#3 Post by kirjax »

umm well I have pics from 7 weeks ago that I took the day I got the braces off.

This is a picture taken last week but it's a bit grainy cause I just tried focusing in on my smile!

Sentenced: 20-24 months
Braced May 11, 2007
Debraced Feb. 23, 2009
21 months in braces, 17 months in elastic, NO regrets!! Now in Hawley retainers!!

overseasmel

#4 Post by overseasmel »

Looking great!

Braced 20 Nov 06. Sentenced to 18-30 months. Released 23 Feb 09 (27 months and 3 days).
Uppers: 3M Clarity Ceramic. Lowers: Damon 3MX.
SARPE 21 April 06 and 7.5 months in expander (on for 2 weeks before surgery), turning to a width of 14.5mm.