Had my teeth extracted today... any advice? plus I am lonely

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kallisandra

Had my teeth extracted today... any advice? plus I am lonely

#1 Post by Kallisandra »

Hi,

I just had my teeth extracted today, anyone have an solid advice for me while I am sitting with black tea bags stuffed where there were previously teeth. 4 - 1st Bicuspids removed! Feeling nausea
Braced since March 24, 2009. 4 - 1st Bicuspid Removal on March 27, 2009. In Damon 3s. 2nd time in braces to fix lip incompetence and rotated molars/crowding.

KLC

#2 Post by KLC »

Hey Kallisandra! How's it going? Is your mouth feeling ok? It will get better I promise. It's going to be tough eating for the first couple of days. I would stick to soup, pudding, ice cream... soft foods. But you'll feel back to normal in no time, promise! If I can do it, ANYONE can do it :shock:

You'll start to get super excited once you see movement with the surrounding teeth! Hang in there and we're all here for you!

cathykay

#3 Post by cathykay »

Hey, I had an extraction yesterday too. A second bicuspid on the bottom. I don't have any advice for you but hopefully you feel less alone now, knowing that someone else had a tooth pulled yesterday also.

Ceramic on the top, metal on bottom

My Braces Story! (with pictures!)

Kallisandra

#4 Post by Kallisandra »

Thanks everyone... Today I feel a little better, large gaping holes! It wasn't so bad except I had trouble sleeping and swallowing blood was making me puke. So grateful it stopped bleeding today.

Today I made some broccoli soup, pureed in the blender.
Corn chipotle bisque, also pureed in the blender. Refried beans and cheese. Pudding and applesauce. On the positive side, I am going to be able to lose those 5 lbs I have wanted to!
Braced since March 24, 2009. 4 - 1st Bicuspid Removal on March 27, 2009. In Damon 3s. 2nd time in braces to fix lip incompetence and rotated molars/crowding.

overseasmel

#5 Post by overseasmel »

Yeah the whole blood in the mouth thing is a bit gross, isn't it?! I had four extractions (second pre-molars) in October/November 2007. I was pretty nauseous too and actually ended up kinda passing out once. :(

But the gaps closed and now my braces are off and I have straight teeth and a good bite, so it was all worthwhile. :)

Braced 20 Nov 06. Sentenced to 18-30 months. Released 23 Feb 09 (27 months and 3 days).
Uppers: 3M Clarity Ceramic. Lowers: Damon 3MX.
SARPE 21 April 06 and 7.5 months in expander (on for 2 weeks before surgery), turning to a width of 14.5mm.

marycotter5678

#6 Post by marycotter5678 »

Hey. The worst part is over so now just take it easy and it will soon be back to normal.
After my extraction, I was advised not to spit, suck (like through a straw) or rinse too vigorously for at least 48 hours --- I actually stuck to that for around 7 days to be on the safe side. I rinsed with salt water for about 5 minutes at a time a few times a day-- this really helped with the tenderness/pain (although there wasnt that much pain really) and also cleaned the area when I still wasn't able to really brush there.
Besides that, I stuck to soft foods around a week.
The time passed very quickly - it's been a month now an everything is fine and dandy =)

Double-Jaw Surgery: Lefort I & BSSO (May 4, 2010)

KLC

#7 Post by KLC »

And it's Sunday already. 2 days down already!! Hope you are feeling better and better each day! :)

Kallisandra

#8 Post by Kallisandra »

I hope so, I have noticed I have this swallowing issue.. aka saliva more free flowing in every position except lying down. I have to go to work tomorrow. So I hope to conquer this problem by then. Anyone had a similar experience, I always make these slurping noises.

Thanks for all the support everyone!