Light wires?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dreams

Light wires?

#1 Post by Dreams »

I went in this morning and had my spacers put in!!! I am SO excited to see this all finally happening! I get braced on Tuesday - I can't believe it's almost here! Five more days!

When I was there, one of the ladies mentioned the fact that they would be using light wires, and that my Ortho would probably, therefore, wish to see me more often.

Anyone know what that means?

I don't know anything about different wire types.

Just has me curious - and you all seem FULL of answers! lol

:D

Megan11

#2 Post by Megan11 »

At the beginning of your treatment you typically start out with light, flexible wires --something like a 0.14 NiTi wire. You will not be in a rectangular wire until your teeth are better aligned. I am not sure why he would want to see you more often but thats a question you can ask the assistants. I always ask a lot of questions, i.e. what kind of wire is that? Why do I need powerchains? Its funny to see the look of surprise on their face, haha I bet they are used to 12 year olds who could care less what size wire is in their mouth.

Congratulations of taking the plunge! Best of luck.

Damon 3's
First 6 Clear/Metal

Dreams

#3 Post by Dreams »

Oh, trust me - I am full of questions and not afraid to ask any of them! :lol:

This comment about being seen more (and about the wire) was made when I was checking out at the front desk.

I'll definetely be asking my Ortho on Tuesday, when I'm braced. :)
3.5.09: Spacers
3.10.09 BRACED! (Top)
4.1.09 Next appt.

Tin Indian

#4 Post by Tin Indian »

I always wrote a list of things to ask my ortho. They were always happy to oblige a adult who took a active approach to their treatment.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08