Powerchain problem-should I contact ortho about this??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

saycheeese

Powerchain problem-should I contact ortho about this??

#1 Post by saycheeese »

I had an adjustment earlier today, where I was fitted with a new powerchain. However, I just looked in the mirror and saw that the powerchain has slightly detached from the bracket on one of my front upper teeth; I mean the powerchain is still attached to the bracket but it no longer covers the whole thing.

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but is this is a big problem, and should I contact my orthodontist immediately to get it fixed?? *worried*

TumbleDryLow

#2 Post by TumbleDryLow »

I've had similar situations. Sometimes I've been able to fix them myself, but if you can't or aren't comfortable doing so, just call the ortho. They will probably have you stop back in.

saycheeese

#3 Post by saycheeese »

Thanks TumbleDryLow; yeah after a bit of effort, I actually managed to put it back into place by myself so its all good now :)