Dental Bonding with a permanent retainer?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Erikab1033

Dental Bonding with a permanent retainer?

#1 Post by Erikab1033 »

I have looked everywhere for an answer to this question. My braces come off January 29th and my ortho informed me at my last visit that I will get a bonded top and bottom retainer and essix retainer that same day. I have a really small tooth in the front that I have to get bonded at the dentist but how is that gonna be possible if I have a permanent retainer on my front 6 teeth? Is it possible to get dental bonding with a permanent retainer on your top 6 teeth?

classII

#2 Post by classII »

Permanent retainer is on the back of your teeth (inside your mouth). For bonding they "glue" veneers on the front and sculpt them from there.

Ice runner

#3 Post by Ice runner »

Go on Google and write down "bonded retainer" and search for pictures..... ;) You will see how that looks like :)

Erikab1033

#4 Post by Erikab1033 »

im not getting veneers I'm getting dental bonding(composite resin) to build up a small tooth on my top arch and I will have a bonded retainer on the back of my top six teeth and I don't see how that would be possible to shape a tooth all the way around with a wire blocking you. I will probably just wait until I'm debanded next thursday and ask my ortho then.