christmas colors

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

retainerjoe

christmas colors

#1 Post by retainerjoe »

how many are wearing christmas colors on there braces this year :D
http://community.webshots.com/user/head ... =community this link also has my video of me getting my braces

cally

#2 Post by cally »

I got cranberry ligs on Nov 8. My next appt is Jan 6.

beachbum

#3 Post by beachbum »

My appointment is on the 17th and I'm not sure what colors I'm going to get.:?:

together

#4 Post by together »

Me! Me! I'm getting some variation on Christmas colors tomorrow. I'll have to wait and see what they have in stock because I'm their only patient who uses colors. Everyone else chooses to blend in. Even the kids.

funshine

#5 Post by funshine »

I have SL so no elastics, BUT next adjustment is tomorrow. May get a new powerchain....daresay Christmas colors. :lol:

PuppySmiles

#6 Post by PuppySmiles »

together wrote:I'm their only patient who uses colors. Everyone else chooses to blend in. Even the kids.
Wow, together, that's so depressing! Even the kids don't care for colors?

invertigofreak

#7 Post by invertigofreak »

I got my braces put on on friday, and I was most disappointed to find out that I was not getting bands on mine!!!

I wanted to be a christmas tree :(

retainerjoe

#8 Post by retainerjoe »

i had one tech that allways teased me, you should realy do pink , i'm no way a pink kinda guy , pink's a great color , but not for me , have fun all , i wore just about every color , an even now have blue glow in the dark retainers :lol:
http://community.webshots.com/user/head ... =community this link also has my video of me getting my braces

together

#9 Post by together »

I was shocked about the lack of color. I felt like a dork, for a second, for wanting color. Maybe I am a dork because I like my silver braces while most feel uncomfy with silver. I like to see a flash of color and some shine when I glance in the mirror. I'd add sparklers to my teeth if I could.

Here's my theory: it's the fake tan & hair extensions clientele. Even the kids. They want to hide their braces. No offense to the spray tan addicts and extensions lovers around here. :D

I did go with Christmas colors, red and green. Love it... but obnoxious pink is still my fave.

laurahalvey

#10 Post by laurahalvey »

Of course! Red PCs on top, green on the bottom! Love my colors!
Braced for the third time.....

final adjustment 8/21 and debanding 8/27!

beachbum

#11 Post by beachbum »

I went in today and got powerchains. Silver on top and black on the bottom. I guess I wasn't very adventurous this year. :?

retainerjoe

#12 Post by retainerjoe »

a splash of color is allways nice i think, :oops: an me being the SHY type, yea right me shy, got BRIGHT anything put pink :lol: but agian no colors are fine as long as the end of treatment things are the way we want them , marry CHRISTMAS ya'll

switchblades

#13 Post by switchblades »

I'm going for an emergency appointment to get a bracket replaced today, and last time I was in just so he could take a look, he changed my ligs. I need two ligs put on, as one tooth was too crooked to tie it, and one of the ligs was either missed or fell off the day after my last appointment.

To make a long story short, I'm gonna go with silver and red if he offers to change them today! I was a little iffy at first, because I'm 22 and felt a little old for it, but after talking to you all on here, I see I'm just being a chicken. I get them changed again the 5th, so it's not like, if I decide I don't like the colours, I can't just change 'em again!

That still didn't make a long story short :wink: sorry!

Edit: Just got back, he changed all my ligs without me even asking, due to my missing ligs... here's my new, Christmasy cranberry and silver ligs:

(M teeth are looking pretty straight too! :) )
Initial Consult: August 22nd, 2008
Upper Arch Bracketed: October 22nd, 2008
Lower Arch Bracketed: December 3rd, 2008
Debraced: October 15th, 2009

My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... sc&start=0

landela

#14 Post by landela »

I just went in for my last adjustment yesterday and am now wearing a silver powerchain on top and pink and purple on the bottom, but for the previous 5 weeks I had Christmas colors.

Laynie

Braced - April 24, 2008
Last adjustment - December 16, 2008
Trangle elastics - August 26 - Current (only at night from 11/11/2008 - Current)
Treatment end date - January 28, 2009

Click link to read my braces story:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 532#258532 - Updated 11/11/2008 with pictures

Nawners

#15 Post by Nawners »

I wasn't going to, but I gave in. I have a couple of green interproximal ties under a red powerchain on my upper front four teeth. Then I have alternating red and green ligs on the rest.
Luckily I go in in two weeks so I can change them. :wink:
~There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus~