Progress before first adjustment (picture included)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

braceface418

Progress before first adjustment (picture included)

#1 Post by braceface418 »

This isn't really a question at all, but I just compared my Day 1 pics from September 26th to some that I took today since I'm going in for my first adjustment tomorrow.

Wowza! Given that I'm currently on the smallest of wires, I was pretty excited to see all of that movement. I think I may even have enough room to get my last bracket put on the tooth in the front tomorrow.

Thanks for answering all of my questions, folks. :D

TheNewEmperor

#2 Post by TheNewEmperor »

BRAVO! that is an *incredible* amount of movement in your teeth and you must be as happy as a dog with two tails!

braceface418

#3 Post by braceface418 »

Thanks! I've wanted braces for years, so finally seeing my teeth reverse their inexorable movement sideways, forward, or whichever way they fancy has been pretty amazing. It may be infectious, if only because I can't help but show off my teeth to anybody willing to give me a moment of their time. I certainly smile with my mouth open a lot more now than I ever did before braces.

Alas, there was not enough room for a bracket on the lower right lateral incisor, but it has been lassoed with a wire tie.

tldyer

#4 Post by tldyer »

Wow your teeth have really been on the move...and QUICK!!

I got braced last Thursday and I have already noticed that my bottom teeth are straightening out...its amazing..

artroxu

#5 Post by artroxu »

WOW! That's alot of movement. CONGRATS! Don't get disheartened if they slow down in a month or two. That's what mine did. They moved alot in the first 3 months then seemed to move at a snail's pace after that, but that's pretty normal. Did you have extractions? I noticed your upper right central has moved back a bit. Are you having trouble with it overlapping that lower incisor, or is your lower jaw forward in the photo?

braceface418

#6 Post by braceface418 »

artroxu: I had my lower jaw pushed forward a bit in the picture. I have an "excessive" overjet and overbite, so you can't really see my lower teeth unless I position them in an unnatural manner. Front and side pre-brace pictures demonstrate this a bit better.

I have build ups on my molars, but with my mouth closed as much as it can be, the lower teeth do sit behind the upper incisors. The lowers are really what pushed my one front incisor out as far as it was.

Oh, and I did have pre-molar extractions. I was given the alternative of having the lower incisor that is sticking out in the front extracted, but that wouldn't have helped the crowding on the top.

BracesRacer

#7 Post by BracesRacer »

Your gonna be so happy when your done! Lots of movement already that looks great! Reminds me of how exciting it was when I first saw movement. :D

CarlinaGrl

#8 Post by CarlinaGrl »

I too have been amazed at the quick movement. My very crooked bottom teeth are almost straight after only 10 weeks since I was braced. I too show everyone who I think might be the least bit interested my progress, I'm sure my family and friends are sick of it!

braceface418

#9 Post by braceface418 »

Thanks muchly again. I'm always entertained about being encouraged to keep up the good work, mostly because I don't feel like I'm physically doing anything and shouldn't take credit for it. It's really all the wires, the dentists, their training. I suppose I do show up to the appointments and clean my teeth somewhat regularly.

Anyway, I decided to formalize this, instead of spreading pictures everywhere, so uh, check it.

viewtopic.php?t=29106

Sorry for the repeat use of the pic above. I just couldn't help it. :D

Flaka

#10 Post by Flaka »

I did too smile big when I saw your pictures. There is major movement going on there lenoreo. I really like the size of your upper central incisors... ( I know, I am random) :)

SwsMiss

#11 Post by SwsMiss »

WOW! That is really great! I just had my (lowers only) put on 3 days ago...I hope mine move that quick!

My uppers are very straight. My lowers are fairly straight; HOWEVER, I had too many teeth for the space and thus, one was pushed back. To solve the problem they removed a lower, are bringing the "loner" up to the front and shifting him into place.

You must be so excited! I'm rather depressed right now...but I think once I see progress like yours I'll be excited. Heck, I'm excited for YOU! LOL