Very worried, mold wasn't taken

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

reede

Very worried, mold wasn't taken

#1 Post by reede »

Hi,

I went to see an ortho and decided to get braces. He was booked out for months so he said that the other ortho in the clinic can put braces on earlier. I agreed and got my apointment sooner and got my braces put on 6 days ago.

I was just reading a letter the ortho sent me earlier and it mentioned that molds would be taken of my teeth, but the other ortho never took molds! Is it unusual that no molds were taken and will this cause an issue down the line !?

My teeth are quite crowded and I'm supposed to get either have 4 teeth removed or get anchor plates put in later. I questioned the ortho about the mold and he said it dosn't matter he has pictures, but the picture are just side shots of my teeth.

Should I be worried ??

married2abuckeye

#2 Post by married2abuckeye »

I wouldn't worry. My Ortho never took molds of my teeth either until the very end of my treatment (when they were needed to make the retainers). My ortho would refer to my photos and x-rays during our visits. I think that molds probably aren't necessary in all cases - even if you think your case is complicated, it may not require the use of 3D models.

Good Luck!
Follow my metal-mouthed journey here

Becca

Don't Worry

#3 Post by Becca »

Hey! I didn't have molds taken of my teeth, either. Instead my ortho took polaroids and x-rays. Everything seems to be working fine for me and I've had mine since February.

GiovanntiLawing

#4 Post by GiovanntiLawing »

Hi,

Nowadays, molds aren't really used too much these days. It just depends on the ortho. At least thats what my ortho told me. I've used the same ortho twice. 11 years ago, and this year. He used molds the first time, and this time around he did not. I guess, since technology has advanced, some ortho's use diff methods to determine your treatment.

I'm sure you're ortho knows what he is doing...Good luck with your treatment though :-)
Giovannti. 26 years old with braces..

http://bracesandthecity.blogspot.com/

2nd Time w/Braces
Metal-First time 10 years ago
Ceramic-(Second time) Top Arch Installed 7/9/2008, Bottom Arch Installed 9/10/2008

Next Adjustment 11/25/2008

Word of advice: WEAR YOUR RETAINERS!!

Dovechild20

#5 Post by Dovechild20 »

Yea, i didnt get molds taken, just x-rays and pics. You'll be fine.