9 Teeth pulled

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kaydee

9 Teeth pulled

#1 Post by kaydee »

Hello guys and gals

I have been lingering around on this site for well over a year. Finally its all starting to happen, tomorrow morning first thing I get 9 teeth pulled which include 4 wisdoms, 1 baby tooth with an impacted canine above it and 3 others and I am now feeling really damn nervous as I have never had surgery or anything, the most pain I have ever suffered was just a broken arm as a kid.

I then get my spacers on 3rd Dec and braces on 8 Dec. Im 35 and Im the biggest sook. But also looking forward to getting these terrible teeth looking nice.

Kaydee

~danielle~

#2 Post by ~danielle~ »

Wow, 9 teeth is alot to have pulled at once- I had 6 done at one time (2 baby teeth and 4 adults) and later all 4 wisdom teeth (all impacted) done at the same time. Neither were too aweful- I was just a bit swollen for a few days and tender for a week or two. Worst part for me was that after I got my wisdon teeth pulled, since my teeth were so crowded, my teeth shifted a bit and they got a little sore. I just stuck to liquds for the first few days and nothing too acidic (iritated the incisions) and took motrin when I needed it for pain. (doctor actually gave me T-3's but they did nothing but make me high lol) All around not too bad though. Good luck tomorrow! It'll be so worth it in the end- your smile should look amazing!

kaydee

#3 Post by kaydee »

Thanks Danielle, its good to hear it wasnt too bad. Ive never had any operations or anything really happen to me except a broken arm about 5. 2 of my wisdoms are in the gum the other 2 have come down, so all in all there are 6 extractions and 3 pulled out of the gum (including the impacted canine. Im about to cook up a batch of pumpkin soup so I have something to eat for tomorrow and I have 3 ice packs ready to go in the freezer.

I am a little hesitant about it all, but its got to be done, I just have to be brave...

rolo

#4 Post by rolo »

Hi

I had four teeth (three adult and one baby tooth) removed on one day, with lower ceramic and upper lingual braces fitted the same day. I was pleased I had it all done at once, it was okay and I only needed to take time off work once. I booked the day after off work, and went shopping and to the hairdressers to aid recovery! I helped run a teenage activity weekend away two days later, so that gives you an idea I was okay.

Good luck

PuppySmiles

#5 Post by PuppySmiles »

Goodness, 9 at one time! You are an awesome warrior.

While I was having 3 removed in the dentist's chair on Saturday without being put to sleep, I thought I was pretty brave. But then the Romanian assistant came in, and she said that in Romania, there was no anesthetic for this stuff when she was a kid. And SHE had a tooth removed! With NO NUMBING!

Between her and you, I can't feel sorry for myself any more. :)

adultbraces

#6 Post by adultbraces »

I got my 4 premolars removed in one day.. took only about 20 mins for the precedure.. and about 15 min prior to numb my mouth.. I didn't feel any pain though I was shaking and had no control with my chin.. The nurse hold my chin down while the surgeon pulled each of my teeth..
He pulled my 4 widdom teeth couple yrs back so I trusted him.. To be honest pulling 4 teeth was frighten but it was that bad afterall.. Choose a doctor you can trust and you'll good to go.

adultbraces

#7 Post by adultbraces »

I got my 4 premolars removed in one day.. took only about 20 mins for the precedure.. and about 15 min prior to numb my mouth.. I didn't feel any pain though I was shaking and had no control with my chin.. The nurse hold my chin down while the surgeon pulled each of my teeth..
He pulled my 4 widdom teeth couple yrs back so I trusted him.. To be honest pulling 4 teeth was frighten but it was that bad afterall.. Choose a doctor you can trust and you'll good to go.

dangerdude

#8 Post by dangerdude »

Getting them all at once is what I would do. I read about people having to come back after a week or so inbetween extractions. I would rather have all the pain at one go.

kaydee

#9 Post by kaydee »

Well guys, all done. I didnt sleep a wink the night before as I was so nervous. Got to the hospital about 7am and when they went thru all the formalities etc, I was wheeled out which was probably about 8am. Having a general is a totally weird concept, one minute Im nervous next minute I wake up with an ice pack around my head. After the surgery I could feel where they had pulled the canine out of the gum but that was it, it wasnt severes pain either I was just aware.
As the day went on I was just doing normal things, I had no brusing no swelling, and just the canine bled a tiny bit, but not even enough to warrant a guaze on it. I was still numb on my left top half of face all night. I did take my pain killers, one every 6 hours (mersyndol) and still havent felt any pain where the wisdoms have come out (only two were still in the gum)
So all in all I think i had a great surgeon that hasnt beaten me around too much and he has done a great job. The sad thing was, this is what has been holding me up on braces, I was so nervous of the oral surgery and had put it off for years and years, having said that the original ortho i saw was going to do canine exposure surgery and pull the tooth down, this one decided just to get rid of it.

One last thing, I am starving and so over soup, hopefully soon I can indulge in a bit of something else....

~danielle~

#10 Post by ~danielle~ »

Good to know you did well :) Often with things like surgery, the hardest part is the fear beforehand of not knowing what to expect. The recovery can be hard too, but by then there is no way to back out, so you just have to deal with things as they come. Good luck with the rest of your recovery and the spacers/braces coming up!