I love elastics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Flaka

I love elastics

#1 Post by Flaka »

So far, elastics have done tons of things for me. They really never bothered me and I like what they accomplish.

They have given me a loopsided smile while correcting my bite but, I got a new configuration at my last adjustment to start closing that open loopsided bite that started to develop while correcting the crossbite (still is) and in the 12 days I have been wearing them, I am seeing lots improvement.

So wear you elastics :)

12 days ago (3rd Adj):
Today:

beachbum

#2 Post by beachbum »

Yes, it's amazing how fast teeth can move.
Looking good!

iBorg

#3 Post by iBorg »

What I found amazing with elastics is that my TMJ improved with them. Pretty nasty without, not a biggie with. Go figure....

Your pics so good progress. Keep on with the buggers and soon this experience will be a memory.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

jxds

#4 Post by jxds »

Flaka, great movement! I'm glad things are improving so fast, that's definetly the type of results we need to keep going!

Danielle

#5 Post by Danielle »

Elastics work wonders! They still annoy me greatly but THEY WORK!
Metal Braces: August 18, 2006-January 14, 2009
Essix-type Retainers: January 14, 2009--present

TigerLily

#6 Post by TigerLily »

Well, personally, I definitely wouldn't start a thread with elastics and love in the same title... :lol: However, I do appreciate what they do and I 'live with them'.

adultbraces

#7 Post by adultbraces »

I don't know how tight is your elastic, but in your pictre you have your jaw open.. Do you talk normal and open your jaw when you talk with your elastics on?

Mine is 1/8 triangle and 3/16 between two teeth. So there's too much force,, it feels like elastics will pull my teeths out when I talk with jaws open so I always have my bites closed when I'm talking.. Not sure if elastics are suppose to be on action when your jaws open and pulling on elastics.. my orthodontist staff are just dull to answer anything and everything.

Flaka

#8 Post by Flaka »

adultbraces wrote:I don't know how tight is your elastic, but in your pictre you have your jaw open.. Do you talk normal and open your jaw when you talk with your elastics on?

Mine is 1/8 triangle and 3/16 between two teeth. So there's too much force,, it feels like elastics will pull my teeths out when I talk with jaws open so I always have my bites closed when I'm talking.. Not sure if elastics are suppose to be on action when your jaws open and pulling on elastics.. my orthodontist staff are just dull to answer anything and everything.
I am biting all the way down in the picture. I developed a kind of "open-loopsided" bite during these 6 months in braces and in elastics to correct my crossbite. If you see my story, you will noticed in the first pictures that I had no open bite at all and I also wear elastics in the back right, going from lower molar to upper second bicuspid and molar.

The elastics are tight and I wear them 24/7. They really don't bother me wile talking and I am able to speak just fine. The down side of this, is that I am having headaches everyday and a bit of jaw pain because of this new configuration on the front of my teeth. I guess is the pressure but I rather take the pain then having to wear this for longer.

PuppySmiles

#9 Post by PuppySmiles »

Wow, Flaka! That looks like a big difference between the pictures - just look at that space closing!
Sorry about the headaches. Hopefully they're not too bad.

Dovechild20

#10 Post by Dovechild20 »

I cant say that i LOVE my elastics, but i love how they've improved my smile :D

rolo

#11 Post by rolo »

How often do people change their elastics? I got some last time and forgot to ask. Also anyone else TOLD NOT to wear 24/7 like me??? Mine is to prevent my front tooth intruding rather whilst the impacted tooth next to it is brought down rather than bite issues - could that be why? They are working on the time I have been told, but I googled elastics and lots of results were from orthos offices saying wear 24/7 or you will surely die (well at least have very messed up teeth and prolonged treatment times.)