Question on Adjustments time

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BrightLights

Question on Adjustments time

#1 Post by BrightLights »

wondering if this seems like a really long time before any adjustments.

Top braced with Damons on August 11th
Bottoms braced with Damons on September 10th
1st Adjustment December 1st
Doesn't this seem like a really long time.

I went in because a bracket came off last week and was suppose to have my first adjustment and she said my teeth looked fine and I wouldnt need it for another six weeks....

hmmm

UGHBRACES

#2 Post by UGHBRACES »

I guess every individual case is different and all Orthos are different, but my damons are to be adjusted every 8 weeks or so. I had mine put on Oct. 16, and first adjustment is Dec. 11.

socksy

#3 Post by socksy »

I have only had one adjustment so far, at the four week point. As it turns out, it was really just a check and a lig change. At that visit, my orthodontist explained that the archwire retains its memory for 16-weeks, so she won't change it until closer to that point. I only had the ligs changed because they had become stained. My second visit isn't until the middle of December, when I think she'll change the archwire. So, for what it's worth, I don't think your timeline is strange.

clear Radiance brackets top and bottom

CactusZAF

#4 Post by CactusZAF »

It is not entirely unusual (especially with self ligating) to have up to 12 weeks between adjustments, particularly in the early stages and right towards the end. :wink:

BrightLights

#5 Post by BrightLights »

Thanks everyone for your replys.