72 Hours Until Braced

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

signingsunflower

72 Hours Until Braced

#1 Post by signingsunflower »

Thank you Lord! Only 72 more hours with these awful spacers! Man...on Friday....I am RUNNING to the ortho and begging that they immediately take these babies out. I really hope braces aren't as rough!
Check out my blog by clicking on www.
Initial Consult/Molds: 9/10/08
8 Spacers: 10/17/08
Brace Day: 10/24/08
First Adjustment: 12/5/08
Sentence: 2-3 years

bb

#2 Post by bb »

I was so glad to get my spacers out last week too. Braces weren't as annoying in the same way but a whoooole other set of annoyances to get used to!

signingsunflower

Thanks BB

#3 Post by signingsunflower »

BB....

I bet!!! I'm definitely ready for some different annoyances though!!! I don't like the feeling of stuff in between my teeth! Also, the pain has been really bad because I barely have enough room for my teeth in my mouth....let alone spacers!!! At least with the braces....things will be moving into the proper position!!

signingsunflower

#4 Post by signingsunflower »

Ha! NOW....I know why they get you to sign the contract BEFORE they put in the spacers. No one in their right mind would continue the process after spacers if they hadn't signed the commitment form!!! ;-)

braciefacie

#5 Post by braciefacie »

Congrats on deciding to get braced!

The spacers for me, was definitely hard for the first few days as my arch is crowded and my teeth were so tight. Getting braces put on weren't that bad, just felt weird having something bulky in my mouth but you get used to it pretty quick.

PuppySmiles

#6 Post by PuppySmiles »

How exciting, it's almost your turn! Keep us posted.

sauerkraut

#7 Post by sauerkraut »

Just a tip: if your teeth are still tender from the spacers on Friday it might be a good idea to take an OTC pain reliever before your appointment to have the braces fitted. I found it rather ... er ... uncomfortable when they were putting the metal molar bands on my already sore teeth. Hope that isn't being alarmist and it might be no problem for you at all but it's always good to be prepared!

And yes, braces are less painful than spacers, in my humble opinion :)

signingsunflower

Thank you

#8 Post by signingsunflower »

Thanks Sauerkraut!

No, I don't think you are being an alarmist. My teeth hurt really bad soooo I will definitely take some stuff before hand!