WHAT IS THE FIRST THING U WANT TO DO AFTER GETTING DEBANDED?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ABGT

WHAT IS THE FIRST THING U WANT TO DO AFTER GETTING DEBANDED?

#1 Post by ABGT »

I've been thinking about the first thing i want to do after i get them off...
so here it goes:

I WANT TO GET A BIG CUP OF COFFEE (since i have ceramics and i was i told coffee could get the ligs stained)

maybe u think its a lil simple, but its one of the things that ive missed the most since this process began.

I would really like to "hear" u're stories about u're "braces-cravings"... :wink:

Hope u share them with me!
:D

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

No cravings here either, I ate as I always did pre-braces. That said, I did buy myself a lot of chocolate from my favourite shop on the day the braces came off...

mygrill

Re: WHAT IS THE FIRST THING U WANT TO DO AFTER GETTING DEBAN

#3 Post by mygrill »

ABGT wrote:I've been thinking about the first thing i want to do after i get them off...
so here it goes:

I WANT TO GET A BIG CUP OF COFFEE (since i have ceramics and i was i told coffee could get the ligs stained)

maybe u think its a lil simple, but its one of the things that ive missed the most since this process began.

I would really like to "hear" u're stories about u're "braces-cravings"... :wink:

Hope u share them with me!
:D

same here ... i pretty much eat everything I used to with the exception of corn on the cob and ribs also .... stained ligs are easy to deal with for me .... my ortho replaces them at no charge anytime I need to - I haven't had to do that yet. After coffee or latte I just make sure to rinse with water and if possible brush my teeth.

But to join in on the fun i would definitely have my grinders on some corn on the cob as it happens to be my favorite!

beachbum

#4 Post by beachbum »

There is this delicious toffee flavored popcorn with nuts that I drool over every time I pass it at the store. I really don't think it's a good idea to eat it now but that is going to be my celebratory brace removal food. Image

ABGT, I wonder if you could sip coffee through a straw and avoid staining...
I would totally miss my coffee if I couldn't have it.

KARESS

#5 Post by KARESS »

I had ribs last night
but I stay away from corn on the cob because it broke my wire before and made it bleeeeed. :( :( :(

anywho, when my get my braces off..it wont matter because I eat anything anyways..but i WILL ENJOY EATING A SANDWICH. i might go to subway or some place like that..the braces wont have anything to get stuck on!!

Banded: January. 18th, 2007
De-Banding: Nov. 6th, 2008!
& Nov. 13th, 2008 ; pics soon.

Retainers
Lower Bonded Retainer
Olive Green:
Lower Hawley Retainer
Upper Hawley Retainer

braciefacie

#6 Post by braciefacie »

Biting into a whole apple again and eating all the sweets I can find! I've always had a sweet tooth, so it has been incredibly difficult for me to try and control my sugar cravings!

lisaemtp

#7 Post by lisaemtp »

I second (third? fourth?) corn on the cob! I also miss chicken wings, and ribs eaten right off the bone. And GUM! I was always chewing gum before braces, and I miss it like crazy.

beachbum

#8 Post by beachbum »

lisaemtp wrote:I second (third? fourth?) corn on the cob! I also miss chicken wings, and ribs eaten right off the bone. And GUM! I was always chewing gum before braces, and I miss it like crazy.
I was a gum addict before braces. I haven't had a piece in 10 months. :?

jenny101101

#9 Post by jenny101101 »

Mine would be NUTS! I love to eat mixed nuts, especially brazil nuts. I've tried a few peanuts but ended up eating them whole...it's just not the same thing :cry: .

Also, taffy or chewy caramels...yum! :wink:
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

ABGT

#10 Post by ABGT »

Hey Beachbum, thanks for the suggestion i will try it with a straw... although im kinda scared STILL i get them stained... I know what u mean: I LOVE COFFEE thats why i miss it so much...

To everyone who was posted ther stories:
Thanks, they've been really nice to read it seems like ure a lil bit more 'at home' with ur braces... :wink:

AND i just remembered that i will loveeeee to bite on a sandwich, i have 'em with forks BUT ITS NOT THE SAME THING. :(

PuppySmiles

#11 Post by PuppySmiles »

You eat your sandwiches with knife and fork? What a good idea! I will store that idea away for later. . .

braceface418

#12 Post by braceface418 »

After three weeks in braces, I forgot about them last weekend while I was out to lunch with some family. I accidentally ordered a sandwich on some excellent chewy sourdough bread, not thinking that my front teeth are still quite sore when I put pressure on them. Suffice to say, I ate that baby with a fork. It looked more like a salad than a sandwich as I progressed and my brother had a good show to go with his meal.

My lower incisors have been out of whack for so long that I can't remember a time when I chewed meat off of a rib or chicken bone. I would have corn on the cob every once in a great while pre-braces, but generally avoided more than one piece as it made my lower front teeth sore for a day or two. So, really, I can't wait to eat all of those foods without a fork or fingers. Mostly just for the experience though -- I'm not afraid to break out a fork if necessary.

married2abuckeye

#13 Post by married2abuckeye »

My debanding date has been scheduled for November 4th, and I think what I'll do is just eat a really big sandwich or burger and enjoy NOT worrying about the horror show stuck in my brackets for the world to see. It'll be nice to go through an entire meal without picking my teeth in public :-#)

The only things I have truly avoided while in braces have been whole apples/carrots, corn on the cob, popcorn, and sticky/chewy candies. Many things are eaten with knife/fork as opposed to by hand. I'm still in braces, and I chew gum like it's going out of style - I don't know why some people are told to stay away from it. I even blow bubbles with my sugar-free bubble gum! I've never had any problems...
Follow my metal-mouthed journey here

ABGT

#14 Post by ABGT »

yup... eating EVERYTHING with forks is gettin' old already...
:x
my next appt. is in about 2 weeks and cant wait to ask my ortho. if im close to my debonding date...

I HOPE I GET GOOD NEWS,cause cant wait to eat some ribs and bite on burger... :D

blindboarder2008
Location: in a house that has 4 walls, with lots of rooms!!! in Canada!

#15 Post by blindboarder2008 »

when i get debanded I'm so going to a bulk barn store and buying loads of chewy candy!!! i sooooooo miss that stuff!!! and you can chew gum with braces????? i figured it would be sticky and get stuck to bracets??? what gum can you chew that doesn't get sticky and stuck on bracets and stuff??
Braced: March 19th 2008
Impacted wisdom teeth extraction surgery: June 20th 2008 1pm (13 hours of fasting)
Jaw surgery (upper and lower)Lefort 1 with Madable Advancement: June 2nd 2009 @8am!!!! 1 surgery down 2 surgeries to go!!
debrace day: jan 18th 2010!!!! *has 2 fixed retainers and an essix retainer for night time now!