They're off

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

HeyTeach

They're off

#1 Post by HeyTeach »

Got debonded, got bonded 3 to 3 upper retainer, got molds for upper and lower retainers (essix)

eating lunch felt really good

smile looks pretty good for an old geeser like me! ortho said xrays look excellent...roots and bone in excellent shape.

Yes it has been well worth it!

Arbywhopper

#2 Post by Arbywhopper »

:thumbsup: Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! :-88 :-)o
Spacers: October 2, 2008
Top Braces: October 7, 2008
Sentence: 36 Months
Click the "www" for my braces story!! Progress Pic's Posted!!!

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

Wow, that went by quickly.

jennielee81

#4 Post by jennielee81 »

That seems like it was SO FAST!

I'm really excited for you...can't wait to see pix!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

HeyTeach

#5 Post by HeyTeach »

Almost 14 1/2 months, a tad longer than expected.

I was surprised how quickly the braces came off, all strung together on their wires! (Removal of bonding material and polishing takes longer.) I was not expecting the bonded retainer, but it is there now, and not a problem.

When the other retainers come next week I am told it will be 24/7 for the lower for up to 6 months, then night time only, and night time only for the upper after a few days. The usual check ups in 6 months and a year.

So, really glad I did this; never a major ordeal; never an embarrassment; all for the good.

(and I beat my buddies Parr and chef to the finish line! young whipper snappers...)

PARR

#6 Post by PARR »

Careful there Gramps, I'm right behind you! lol :D