got a tiny spring in my archwire

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

IceBlonde

got a tiny spring in my archwire

#1 Post by IceBlonde »

I had to go to my ortho's office last week for an "emergency" (my archwire came unfastened from my back bracket), and my stainy ligs needed changing. He decided to put a tiny coil spring in to help make space for the small tooth to come out from behind my front tooth.
Now my not-so-noticeable ceramic braces are slightly more noticeable thanks to this coil.
I needed to wax it right away because it was rubbing the inside of my poor lip raw; it's a little better now.
On top of that, food gets caught in it like mad :x I could have starred in a zombie movie after spinach pizza!

Anywho, I am wondering if anyone else has had this space-making little spring put in, and how long you had to have it in for.

Thanx!
IceBlonde

badbite

#2 Post by badbite »

I will need one at my next appointment for the same reason. I am not sure how long you'll need yours in for becuase eveyone is different and i am sure it depends on how much room you need to make.

RPE in on Jan 7, 2008
SARPE on Jan 11, 2008 expanded 7 mm
RPE out on May 14, 2008

funshine

#3 Post by funshine »

I had a spring for a little over a month. It's amazing how fast it moves teeth!

markGl

#4 Post by markGl »

had them in for all four months... just now got my bottom ones taken off.. :roll:

lueyfufu

#5 Post by lueyfufu »

My ortho put in two springs like that at my September appointment. He took one out at my appointment yesterday, so it was in for about a month. I still have the other one, so I guess those teeth haven't moved enough yet.

So I guess it just depends on how quickly your teeth move and how much of a space needs to be made (or closed.) :)
Lower braces: 7/1/08
Expander installed: 7/8/08
SARPE: 7/15/08
First adjustment for lowers: 8/5/08
Expander tied: 8/11/08
Upper braces: 8/28/08
Lefort I & BSSO: 1/8/13