Just got Debanded!!!! I LOVE My new smile!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Gennel

Just got Debanded!!!! I LOVE My new smile!!

#1 Post by Gennel »

I was so nervous and excited this morning for my ortho appt! I kept hoping he would just say the magical words and he did! He told the assistant get her ready for debanding today!
Clipping off the braces was like 10 seconds. Removing the molar bands did NOT, Not hurt at all! He just clipped them off in like 1-2 seconds. The WORST part was sanding off the glue :( The pain was pretty bad just because the cold is EXTREME and I felt it in my roots! lol my daughter went with me and was squeezing my hand....well I squeezed her hand until it was purple. I got the mold done,that was pretty simple. I go back at 4 pm today to pick up my Essix retainers.Here are my after photos! I was thrilled! I am still licking my teeth since this morning lol.
My bottom midline is only noticable when I open my mouth top and bottom for these pics but overall I am thrilled with the results.

Before
ImageImage

Today! 10-06-08
ImageImage

My hubby has no idea they are off so he will be surprised when he gets home today! He asked me how my appt went and I told him I have to wait 2 weeks for retainers so I get debanded in 2 weeks! lol

Gennel

Lola

#2 Post by Lola »

Congrats! You look fab!

Arbywhopper

#3 Post by Arbywhopper »

Congrats!!! thats so AMAZING!!! YAY!!! your teeth look so good!!!! :-88 :jump: :thumbsup: :tingrin:
Spacers: October 2, 2008
Top Braces: October 7, 2008
Sentence: 36 Months
Click the "www" for my braces story!! Progress Pic's Posted!!!

sparkles

#4 Post by sparkles »

Congratulations! Your teeth look amazing! :jump: :jump:

Lisa65

#5 Post by Lisa65 »

Wowee! :jump: they look fabulous!

Enjoy your new smile. You deserve it after all that pain you went through with that lower expander.

jenny101101

#6 Post by jenny101101 »

Beautiful, Gennel!! :D

Ohhh, I love the fact that you're surprising your hubby! I'm a long ways off until debanding but I think I'll do the same thing :lol: .

BTW, I love your nails 8) .
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

KARESS

#7 Post by KARESS »

aww
:cry:
lol i cant wait til its my turn

Banded: January. 18th, 2007
De-Banding: Nov. 6th, 2008!
& Nov. 13th, 2008 ; pics soon.

Retainers
Lower Bonded Retainer
Olive Green:
Lower Hawley Retainer
Upper Hawley Retainer

Gennel

#8 Post by Gennel »

Counting down till hubby gets here! lol Less than 1 hour to go :)
He will be shocked and thrilled at the same time!

I just came back from picking up my retainer and they had a gift for me. I got a Free photo session at Abbey of London photo studio and a big mug with coffee/hot cocoa and brushes and stuff .I was more excited tosee the free photo session because I was planning on doing this for myself as treat anyway and now it's free! Well I will have to come up with something else to celebrate!

Gennel

thanks for the nail comment, I painted them last week in Halloween colors!

pitterpat

#9 Post by pitterpat »

Congratulations! They look great. That's great about the photos too.

jennielee81

#10 Post by jennielee81 »

BEAUTIFUL!!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

naturegirl

#11 Post by naturegirl »

Wow! You're smile looks FABULOUS!!! :D

lovelyleo

#12 Post by lovelyleo »

CONGRATS!!!! Your teeth look fantastic. I am sure your husband will love that smile!!!! Thanks for the encouragement.

Debrace DAY Monday June 14th!!!!
24-30 month estimated treatment time

funshine

#13 Post by funshine »

What a beautiful smile! :D

abcdebbie

#14 Post by abcdebbie »

congrats! your smile is beautiful!!!!
(O\_l_/O)
Debbie

[/url]

saycheeese