The nance button!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Chelseamp

The nance button!

#1 Post by Chelseamp » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:00 pm

Hey guys!

I'm Chelsea and I've had my braces on for two years now (which was how long the treatment was originally supposed to take). The reason that the procedure is taking a little bit longer might have something to do with the fact that I never wore my rubber bands.

Oopsie.

ANYWHO, now I'm being very religious about them in an effort to speed up this process.

So my ortho has now made two large gaps (using coils) between my two top molars in the very back of my mouth. And today, he installed a Nance appliance to anchor those two molars back there so he can begin to move my top jaw back one tooth at a time (because of my totally huge overjet). He has told me that now this is in, the treatment should take only another 4-6 months and then my braces will come off (likely story!) but of course it will really depend on if i wear those rubber bands.

My question: Has anyone here ever had a nance button? And if so, please tell me about your experience.

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:19 pm

I've had a Nance for almost the whole 2 years I've been in treatment. It's not too bad. I hardly notice it anymore (except when I get something stuck under it). I also had to have all my top teeth moved back, like you described. I'm surprised your ortho has said only 4-6 months more though. It's taken 18 months to get my top molars back as far as possible. They didn't want to move.