Orthodontic report, whats all this mean??please help :)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

samantha86

Orthodontic report, whats all this mean??please help :)

#1 Post by samantha86 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:25 am

Hi,
Even tho i have had my braces on for just over 2 weeks now, i never even bothered looking at the report my orthodontist gave me.
I thought ide have a little look last night and realised i couldnt understand hardly any of it. so i done a little bit of research my self but im still unsure of exactly what hes doing , lol
i also noticed that someone else posted a similar topic as me and had really helpful responses.
please help !!

here goes :

You present with a Class II division 2 incisor relationship on a mild skeletal II base, with reduced maxillary mandibular plane angle.
The overjet is positive at 5mm, while the overbite is increased & complete.
There is moderate crowding in the upper and lower arch.
The upper centre line is displaced to the left, and the lower centre line is correct.
The left molar relationship is 1/4 unit class II, and the right molar is 1/2 unit class II.

This is my treatment plan:
To have the upper and lower fixed appliance to align the labial segment.
Treated on an non-extraction basis you will require mini-implants for anchorage to distalise the upper buccal segments.

????? lol

please can someone help me to understand all this !

thanks

sam

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:29 pm

Another fabulously detailed post from our resident mine of information, Meryaten :wink:

jennielee81

#3 Post by jennielee81 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:49 pm

DITTO! There is no detail left untouched by our good friend Meryaten!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

samantha86

#4 Post by samantha86 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:36 pm

God your good Meryaten, i was kinda hoping you might see my post as i did notice your were giving really detailed and good answers to ppl hehe.
thanks so much :) that makes a lot more sense to me now.
sam :pinkbraces: :-88