Jumping on the bandwagon :)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jes

Jumping on the bandwagon :)

#1 Post by Jes »

Hey guys!

My name is Jes and I'm 19. I'll be turning 20 in a month. I'm a junior in college and I'm majoring on Political Science with a focus in Public Law. Blah, blah, blah.

I've always been unhappy with my smile. So I finally went in for an orthodontic consultation and here I am today. Friends and family don't really understand why I got braces. But it's just something I can't explain and it's something I feel extremely self-conscious about.

The whole process seems to have happened super fast. I got spacers put in right after my orthodontic consultation. BTW, spacers HURT. OMG so much pain. Aleve was my best friend the whole weekend.

Anyway, went in today (Monday, 9/22) and got braces put on the top. My ortho quoted me 16-26 months!!! Definitely took me by surprise because he first called it a minor ortho case and second I didn't realize my teeth were that bad :x I go in tomorrow (well I guess it's technically already today) and get the bottom put in.

The top picture is one last pre-braces smile and the bottom picture is me, brace face :P

I was going to get invisible on top but after researching, I decided against it. I want the braces on for shortest time possible.

Spacers were the painful part. It only hurt when he put the bands on but I don't feel much physical pain from the braces. Thank goodness. However, they are SUPER sore. I can't eat ANYTHING. Can't wait until that goes away.

ANYWAY, it's 12:43AM and I'm rambling when I should be sleeping. Ortho appointment at 8AM. Eww.

I look forward to meeting others on here! :)

Jes

#2 Post by Jes »

OMG I feel like such an idiot. I totally posted this in the wrong category. :oops:

If a mod or an admin could move it to the correct one, it would be greatly appreciated.

I am SO sorry!

TheNewEmperor

#3 Post by TheNewEmperor »

LOL. Don't worry....we're just happy to have you on board!

Your teeth looked great to me in the first photo and it was only with the braces on that you can see that you did need the braces. You have beautiful shaped teeth and they are very white so you are going to be delighted by your results when it is time to get them off.

Best wishes

Jes

#4 Post by Jes »

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I'm going to miss having white teeth! Can't wait until I get my braces off so I can start using whitening strips again.

I got the bottom ones on. No pain. Teeth are super sore though. My mouth feels SO crowded.

The dental wax has reallyyyy come in handy.

Any tips?

KARESS

#5 Post by KARESS »

Jes wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I'm going to miss having white teeth! Can't wait until I get my braces off so I can start using whitening strips again.

I got the bottom ones on. No pain. Teeth are super sore though. My mouth feels SO crowded.

Any tips?

I agree with the other two posters
your teeth looks VERY nice..you cant even tell you needed braces until you put them on and notice the crooked wires.

I believe that you wont be in braces as long as your orthodontist said because your teeth are almost perfect & white!! lol, you're going to have an awesome smile because you already have one!! lol.

oh yeah btw which whitening strips do you use & how long have you been using them, your teeth look professionally bleached its amazing.

Banded: January. 18th, 2007
De-Banding: Nov. 6th, 2008!
& Nov. 13th, 2008 ; pics soon.

Retainers
Lower Bonded Retainer
Olive Green:
Lower Hawley Retainer
Upper Hawley Retainer

Jes

#6 Post by Jes »

KARESS wrote:
Jes wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Any tips?

I agree with the other two posters
your teeth looks VERY nice..you cant even tell you needed braces until you put them on and notice the crooked wires.

I believe that you wont be in braces as long as your orthodontist said because your teeth are almost perfect & white!! lol, you're going to have an awesome smile because you already have one!! lol.

oh yeah btw which whitening strips do you use & how long have you been using them, your teeth look professionally bleached its amazing.
lol I get that a lot. Even my ortho said that. I love it :P

I just use regular Crest Whitesrips Premium. I use them every 6 months. I usually use them once a day, sometimes twice. My teeth are sensitive so I usually can't do the twice a day for 14 days.

I tried the Crest Whitestrips Premium Plus but I could barely do that once a day. I didn't expect it to be so much stronger. Actually I may just have really sensitive teeth ;x

I also use the Vivid White Invigorating Mint in the mornings and I use Vivid White Night Moonlight Mint at night.

Thank for all the encouragement, guys.

I love reading all the braces stories on here and seeing how fast everyone's teeth seem to be straightening out. It's so encouraging!!!

It takes foreverrrrrr to brush my teeth with the braces and even longer to floss. I just went out and bought a Waterpik so hopefully that helps ;x

Oh yeah, here I am completely braced up. Smiling:

Just showing off all the metal. I can't believe I have so much in my mouth lol

catfish

#7 Post by catfish »

Hi Jes, welcome to the club! It's so nice to have people in the same boat to share our stories with.

Brushing and flossing are really quite a chore, but I found that Superfloss really cut down on the time for me. You might try visiting the Dental Do-dads page for other tips on speeding up the process. Here's a link:
viewforum.php?f=7
Click on WWW to see my braces story.

August 16, 2007 - Braced on top
January 3, 2008 - Braced on bottom

Jes

#8 Post by Jes »

Just popping in to post my afters =) I was debanded on January 11th, just a few days before I was going to hit 16 months. I am very, very, VERY happy with my smile. I love it =)

Before:

After:

Taken right after I got out of my ortho office haha =)

For anyone contemplating getting braces, I totallyyyyyyyy recommend it. This was honestly the best money ever spent. I LOVE my smile.

(I know this is in the wrong forum still, I feel bad, sorry =X)