OMG!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LN

OMG!

#1 Post by LN »

OMG!!! I swallowed a metal bracket!!! Do I need to be worried???

jaswi

#2 Post by jaswi »

Naw, you'll be alright. you'll crap it out in a day or so.

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

:lol:

If you're near the coast (and living in a sewered area), it's most likely out to sea by now.

PuppySmiles

#4 Post by PuppySmiles »

Oh dear! Hahahaha, no worries. It's good to share these things, though. I'm sure it has happened to people before you.

PuppySmiles

#5 Post by PuppySmiles »

LN

#6 Post by LN »

Thanks for your reply. I didn't think I had something to worry about, though I did swallow the back bracket with the hook for rubber bands that I will get eventually. I don't know how I swallowed it without knowing it!! :D

Gennel

#7 Post by Gennel »

I have never swallowed a bracket but I've swallowed a few elastics lol.I did not realize it until I moved my tongue around and did not feel it!

Gennel

lueyfufu

#8 Post by lueyfufu »

I've eaten wax without realizing it. I was chewing pasta and then noticed an interesting new texture. And I thought, "Wow, those noodles were especially al dente." And then I noticed one of my brackets was unwaxed and realized that interesting new texture was wax. Ew ew ew ew ew. :)
Lower braces: 7/1/08
Expander installed: 7/8/08
SARPE: 7/15/08
First adjustment for lowers: 8/5/08
Expander tied: 8/11/08
Upper braces: 8/28/08
Lefort I & BSSO: 1/8/13

Gennel

#9 Post by Gennel »

That's happen a few times also by the time I realized it was wax it was already going down my throat lol.

Gennel

-Michael-

#10 Post by -Michael- »

Swallowed one of mine too :D

I didn't even know it until the following day but I broke off while eating a big tri-tip steak sandwich.

Also swallowed a few elastics and some wax as well. Wax didn't taste all that great. Needed some salt :D

Wobblydeb

#11 Post by Wobblydeb »

I swallowed a molar! :shock:

Okay I was only about 8 years old. One of my baby teeth didn't make it under the pillow for the tooth fairy - somehow she heard and left me 50 pence anyway :lol:
Initial set: 31 upper / 17 lower
1st refinement: 14 upper / 10 lower
2nd refinement: 10 upper / 5 lower

LN

#12 Post by LN »

When I go to the movies I must have popcorn, isn't that the main reason for going? Ha!! I know its a "no no" and I try to eat slowly and carefully but I always pop off a bracket or break an archwire!!! I am sooo bad. I think that is when I swallowed the bracket. There are certain pleasure in life and movie popcorn is at the top of my list.

Have a great day :D

LN