Help We Need A New Orthodonist!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dalethm

Help We Need A New Orthodonist!

#1 Post by dalethm »

My 13 and 15 year old children need a new orthodonist. They have braces on their teeth. Will another orthodonist accept them without removing their present braces? Removing the braces is quite costly. Help can someone advise us? :oops: :?:

nimo

#2 Post by nimo »

My last ortho just wrote a letter of transferral and stuck it in my records when we moved. He didn't take anything off. Unless the new orthodontist uses something drastically different from the last, I don't think it would be a problem to leave them on. YMMV
Braced on 17 Feb. 2006.
Five teeth extracted on March 9, 2006.
Canine exposure: February 7, 2007
lefort 3 March 7, 2008
TPA April 22, 2008
2 years 7 months in braces
braces off September 17, 2008

jaswi

#3 Post by jaswi »

+1 what nimo said.

jennielee81

#4 Post by jennielee81 »

I think * if you do find an ortho who wants to change the hardware, they would NOT charge you for it.

My ortho will take off traditional brackets if they are in EARLY treatment and put on Damons as that is what his office is equipped to treat. He does not charge for this change. If they are in later treatment, they just may continue to the end with the original hardware.

*beware of thinking, non professionals. :wink:
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm