Silly question!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

my december

Silly question!

#1 Post by my december »

:lol:

I don't know what exactly got me wondering about this but... I'm scheduled to get my braces on in 10 days and was thinking about it all a lot.

Did any of you get to see your molds? Was anyone given the option of keeping them when treatment was complete?

I'm just really curious about my molds, and I think I'd even want to have them. A reminder in a sense of how far I've come post-treatment.
Countdown to Brace Day!

Arbywhopper

#2 Post by Arbywhopper »

I get to see mine on October 1 when i go back for the second consultation. As far as keeping them i don't know, but i hope we get a choice. I would like to remember how far i have come!! I will have to put that on my list of questions to ask when i go back. :D
Spacers: October 2, 2008
Top Braces: October 7, 2008
Sentence: 36 Months
Click the "www" for my braces story!! Progress Pic's Posted!!!

TumbleDryLow

#3 Post by TumbleDryLow »

I asked this question (among multitudes of others) at my records appointment. I think the assistant said that, if I remembered to ask, I could have the molds when I was finished with treatment. I needed another mold done of my upper arch about a month into treatment. I was able to keep that one right away. It's really cool to see the progress in three dimensions.

TumbleDryLow

#4 Post by TumbleDryLow »

She said that they needed to keep the molds taken at the records appt. to use a reference while active treatment was going on, but beyond that they weren't needed. She was just a tech though, the ortho may have something else to say on the matter. At least I have the mold of my upper arch. (Where the heck to they keep all these molds I wonder? It's not like they fit in a file. Can you imagine wandering into that room by accident?)

diande

#5 Post by diande »

i asked about keeping my molds when i got debanded. before that i saw them a couple of times near the end of my treatment as the ortho would have them on a table beside her and i would sneak peeks.
she said she needed to keep the mold for a year after debanding (that would just cover the last time she saw me post braces) and after that i could have them. i may have to remember to ask for them though.
Upper and lower bonded retainers; Upper Hawley for night time

DEBANDED ON FRIDAY 15TH AUGUST 2008 - FINALLY!!!

Braced on 13 September 2006 - Ceramic upper and lower brackets - Estimated time was 12 Months