Glue between teeth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

iamjacksrum

Glue between teeth

#1 Post by iamjacksrum »

Hey everyone! I am new here and have had full blown metal braces (with alternating purple/black colors)! I am 22 and figuring out how this all works day by day.

Something I noticed - there is some glue/cement between two of my teeth. I can't floss it out or pick it out. I can't seem to find a solution online or on these boards. What should I do? I am nervous that the glue is keeping my teeth together and preventing movement and also irritated that I cannot floss between these teeth.

Anyone else have this problem? What did you do or what would you suggest?

jaswi

#2 Post by jaswi »

Yeah I'd probably just wait till your next appointment and tell the ortho about it. Who knows, in that time it may come loose on its own.

jenny101101

#3 Post by jenny101101 »

Welcome to AW iamjacksrum! :-)o

I had the same problem when I had my lower braces put on. I just called my ortho and they fit me in a few days later. My ortho had to remove my wire and thread floss between my teeth(under the glue) and yank up! :shock: I was kind of uncomfortable but nothing I couldn't handle and it felt sooooo much better. I was concerned that those teeth couldn't move and he assured me it was a good thing I had come in and not waited until my next appt. because it could prevent the teeth from moving properly so, if I were you, I'd get in sooner then later. Good luck! :D
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

iamjacksrum

#4 Post by iamjacksrum »

Thanks for the advice and welcoming.
I actually was able to get the glue out after about a 10 minute struggle with some dental floss. It just popped right out and my teeth feel so much better. While flossing, I could really tell some teeth have already moved. I've always had to sort of force floss between my teeth and in one or two areas, the floss just glided in there like no one's business.
YAY!