After 1 year - bottom teeth still crowded on front

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

alan31

After 1 year - bottom teeth still crowded on front

#1 Post by alan31 »

I had gone to one dentist before getting started and he said they'd have to take out 2 teeth in the bottom. I decided to get the treatment from another dentist who said they could do it without taking out any teeth. Now I'm feeling I should have gotten the teeth out because there just doesnt seem enough room.

Here are my big not-so-pleasant looking pictures :D.

Bottom Teeth, after one year(picture taken today)

Bottom teeth, before treatment (1 year ago):

I ask them if its going to be ok and they say yes. Do you think so too? I dont see these front tooth straightening out at all. I have one year left on the treatment.

Oh and they tried filing the sides of the teeth to make more space but my teeth were sensitive and it was painful so they stopped. He used a little bit of sand paper. I'm not sure what they're going to do next or how this is going to work out.

KARESS

#2 Post by KARESS »

I think the first orthodontist was right
They should have pulled a tooth
1 year no progress..I would be pissed.
Its called "crowded" for a reason..too many teeth.

Banded: January. 18th, 2007
De-Banding: Nov. 6th, 2008!
& Nov. 13th, 2008 ; pics soon.

Retainers
Lower Bonded Retainer
Olive Green:
Lower Hawley Retainer
Upper Hawley Retainer

jaswi

#3 Post by jaswi »

you look like a pretty clear extraction case to me

alan31

#4 Post by alan31 »

Thanks for the replies!

Thats worrysome then. I should have gotten the teeth out. I trusted the dentist made the right decision. I guess he wanted my money because I told him I'd rather not have them out.

What do I do now? Do I get a 2nd opinion? Or should I talk to them? Get teeth out in the middle of the procedure?