When do blisters get better

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bracedfacenan

When do blisters get better

#1 Post by bracedfacenan »

Hi, I am new here. Just got braced 3 days ago---ceramic on top, metal on bottom. The pain has not been bad however I have developed irritation and small blisters where the brackets are rubbing. I am using wax and oragel but just wondering when the irritation will stop?
Thanks. Like this site.

landela

#2 Post by landela »

I'd imagine its different with everyone, but for me with using wax and orajel mouthwash, they went away after about 5 days.
Laynie

Braced - April 24, 2008
Last adjustment - December 16, 2008
Trangle elastics - August 26 - Current (only at night from 11/11/2008 - Current)
Treatment end date - January 28, 2009

Click link to read my braces story:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 532#258532 - Updated 11/11/2008 with pictures

Bracefacegal

#3 Post by Bracefacegal »

The irritation and sores stopped about a week and a half into my start with braces. Now, I sometimes forget they are there....
It's never too late to fix your smile! :)