I'm real confused...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sncaufield

I'm real confused...

#1 Post by sncaufield »

Okay I had my braces on (top and bottom) for a little over 2 years. I just got them off two days ago. There's a little space still between my top twoteeth so my ortho is going to give me some kind of special retainer. My appointment is scheduled for next friday (so, 9 days from when I got them off). However, he gave me my bottom retainers. And no temporary ones for my top. Shouldn't I have some sort of retainment for those 9 days before I get my "special" ones?

They always preach how you have to have your retainers on pretty much 24/7 when you first get them, so how can I spare over a week? Any help?

holyjoe

#2 Post by holyjoe »

hmmm I'd also like to know the answer to this question. An entire week seems like a bit of a stretch...I'll get my retainers the same day that I get my braces off.

jaswi

#3 Post by jaswi »

I'll be going 6 days.

jennielee81

#4 Post by jennielee81 »

My bottoms went 5 days without.

The retainer pushed everything back where it belonged in a day. A few of my teeth moved a tiny bit.
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm