Does dwindling balance equal nearing end of treatment?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dovechild20

Does dwindling balance equal nearing end of treatment?

#1 Post by Dovechild20 »

Ok, so I calculated that i will have paid off my braces in Feb. 2009 and it KINDA coincides with my possible end of treatment, but is that really so? Is it possible that even though I pay off my balance that they may not be done with my treatment? And if so, how does that even work, do they just continue charging me even though the amount we agreed on has been paid?

Or is my ortho eyeing my balance too and trying to coordinate my treatment along with it?

Just curious :lol:

jaswi

#2 Post by jaswi »

They'll continue treating you. I had my balance paid off I think about a year ago now. They charge somewhat based on an estimated length, but dont use that as the factor to when you're going to be done.

Danielle

#3 Post by Danielle »

I had all my dental work (and there was a lot) combined with my Orthodontic work and I was paid off months ago... but I'm still in braces. My office includes everything no matter how long the treatment takes. My contract says it's one flat fee for all Orthodontic treatment and appliances. However, my Ortho/Dentist makes it a point to say that all contracts are only good for 18 months because that is usually the minimum amount of time in braces, so that you can't be done with your Ortho treatment and still making payments. The exception would be if they catch me eating something that is "off limits." I had to sign a contract saying if I ate one of those things and it broke something then I'd have to pay to have it fixed... so far so good. :wink:
Metal Braces: August 18, 2006-January 14, 2009
Essix-type Retainers: January 14, 2009--present

Dovechild20

#4 Post by Dovechild20 »

Thanks for the insight, everyone! Im staying optimistic that my braces will be off by then, but I know now not to expect it. :D