Is anyone else as sick of braces as I am?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JDK88

#46 Post by JDK88 »

I've had my braces for almost 4 years now (I got them put on in Dec. 2004). I've been tired of them for the longest time, but I'm not really bothered by them at all anymore because I'm so used to them. By the way I'm 20 now... haha. I was told I would need them for 24 months at first. When those 2 years were up I was told 6 more months. Now a year and a half later they told me at LEAST 1 more year. So yea it's a little annoying, but they're just braces and its definitely worth it.

Kris721

#47 Post by Kris721 »

A couple of months ago, I was standing outside my office building (I work in D.C.) and I was approached by a homeless man who just started talking to me. He was acting really random and clearly off his meds, but I wasn't in any danger so I humored him. We chatted for a few minutes and then he said "don't take this the wrong way, but aren't you a little mature for braces?" I'm 32, which I hope isn't too old! That was my low moment :lol:

Keep your sense of humor at all costs!

Speck

Re: Is anyone else as sick of braces as I am?

#48 Post by Speck »

Kris721 wrote: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:28 am A couple of months ago, I was standing outside my office building (I work in D.C.) and I was approached by a homeless man who just started talking to me. He was acting really random and clearly off his meds, but I wasn't in any danger so I humored him. We chatted for a few minutes and then he said "don't take this the wrong way, but aren't you a little mature for braces?" I'm 32, which I hope isn't too old! That was my low moment :lol:

Keep your sense of humor at all costs!
Haha, fun post!
-Andy

Mich698

#49 Post by Mich698 »

I only had mine for a month and are already sick of them. I cannot eat the things that I want to eat, and I spend way more time in the bathroom making sure my teeth are clean and gums are healthy.

Speck

#50 Post by Speck »

Amen.
-Andy

vampirefangs22

#51 Post by vampirefangs22 »

I feel your pain. I've had my lower braces since Thursday, 10/31/2019 and my upper ones since Thursday, 1/9/2020. My orthodontist said to me a few months ago that I should get them removed somewhere in 2023 (probably early to mid 2023), and I'm eagerly waiting for the day I finally get my Hawley retainers. It feels like this process is taking forever sometimes, but at least my teeth will be even straighter than they currently are right now by the time the day I've been waiting for finally arrives.