Is anyone else as sick of braces as I am?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KARESS

#31 Post by KARESS »

maybe I shouldnt ask other bracefaces about their due date?
LOL!
I didnt think it bothered people..never bothered me.

Banded: January. 18th, 2007
De-Banding: Nov. 6th, 2008!
& Nov. 13th, 2008 ; pics soon.

Retainers
Lower Bonded Retainer
Olive Green:
Lower Hawley Retainer
Upper Hawley Retainer

KARESS

#32 Post by KARESS »

Oh and I know what you mean about the sores.
I just woke up..and i guess i slept on my face because I have brace imprints all on my top and bottom lip.
Its going to really hurt when I brush my teeth.
Which leads to something else..I think I have been brushing too often because my mouth burns everytime I do. :?

Retainers
Lower Bonded Retainer
Olive Green:
Lower Hawley Retainer
Upper Hawley Retainer

little4209

#33 Post by little4209 »

i feel your pain..i've been in braces for 3 yrs and 4 months(due to me missing 6 months of appts..i kno*sad face* ) and didnt know how i would get through it, but September 8th is my debanding date, so just think about the outcome..

LN

Would love to take off my braces ASAP

#34 Post by LN »

I am also sick of wearing braces. Actually, i am sorry i started up with braces especially when my friends would say to me my teeth looked straight and can't understand why I got braces. It makes me want to SCREAM! I am sick of using the wax, having sores in my mouth, and here's a new one..by the end of the day, my mouth is so dry it hurts to talk. Yes, I do drink a lot of water during the day, but it doesn't help. I am too far into it that I can't consider taking them off. Wish I could. I will be 55 years old in two weeks, getting old isn't easy and braces don't help my self-esteem. And the sunken face look doesn't help either.
HAPPY COMPLAINING!!! :D

hhangel

Soon enough

#35 Post by hhangel »

I am on the second time. The first time when I was 23-25. We couldn't afford them when I was a kid and my teeth were awful. Now, after some periodontal work and some teeth shifting over the years I am in them again at 48. I went to my kids Ortho and they said 9 months and here I am again with 2 months to go.

My mom is 72 and a few years ago got Invisaligns. She has all her own teeth and so I figure if I take care of mine I will have my teeth also for another 25+ years so I figure this is a great investment. There is nothing more satisfying then a great smile.

Spanner

#36 Post by Spanner »

I'm not sick of my braces or the cleaning involved but I'm damn well sick of my molar build ups....I HATE THEM :x

Flaka

#37 Post by Flaka »

I am not sick of braces but the time it takes and how slowly things seem to move. Physically the dont bother me, but, yes only with almost 6 months in, I admit, sometimes I wish I had them off already, but still a long way to go.

Toni

#38 Post by Toni »

I'm only a week and a half into a 2 year treatment and the absolutely worse thing for me is eating. Not so much that it hurts because that has gotten a lot better, but that it's not enjoyable anymore. I hate the feeling of food getting caught in the wires and no amount of swishing with water while I eat helps. I can't wait to get the gunk out of my teeth afterward.

The sores and blisters I get in my mouth don't help either. :cry:

But it will all be worth it, it will all be worth it, it will all be worth it.....when I look like this :D
**Brace Day was September 22 - Ouch!**
**Member of the AW TADA club**

uncdl

#39 Post by uncdl »

6 months of braces tomorrow and have hated every moment of it.
Ceramics on top on 4/03/08
Metal on bottom on 4/03/08

DireWire

#40 Post by DireWire »

I am all with you. Braces s..k. I'm soon 9 mths in, the progress is great, but I can't wait to get rid of them.

Eating is less fun, smiling is less fun, kissing is less fun, chili and coffee is less fun, even wines taste differently. Salad is virtually impossible to eat. They poke into my lips, tear my mouth, are a nuisance to clean, impair my speech .

I look forward to getting rid of them (I hope I'm beyond half time in). But the decision to get them was right, and I wouldn't hesitate to get them today. I needed them, they work and I'll stick with them until the end. But yes, they s..k!

DireWire
Bite plate gone for good after @3 mths

Folk Ballad

#41 Post by Folk Ballad »

I'm especially sick of braces today. Usually I forget they're there most of the time, but I just had a big adjustment yesterday (got my swanky new suresmile wires) and both of my jaws are pulsating in pain constantly. I tried eating something solid today and thought I would pass out at the first bite. Gah... The only relief I ever get is when I'm asleep. :cry:

Folk Ballad

#42 Post by Folk Ballad »

The ibuprofen didn't make a dent in the pain, unfortunately. :/ I don't know what it is, but a lot of times, I may as well be eating candy for all the good ibuprofen does for me.
But the mouth is feeling a lot better today, thankfully. (And don't worry. There's no way I was going to miss nine hours of class, pain or no pain. :wink: )

KARESS

#43 Post by KARESS »

I am so tired of my braces right about now.

I ate ice (i know thats a no no, but i cant help it!) & it popped my wire out on the back/side.

I had to go to the orthodontist the next day so they could put it back in. One of the assistants found a loose bracket so she took it off & applied another one.
On a good note I got to see and feel ONE tooth without metal, lol!
it felt so smooth.

Anywho, I was talking to one of the assistants that I went to school with & I was asking her about the retainers & when I would get them or what not. She said its a two week process.
I'll get some of my braces off, leave 6 on in the front (top & bottom) & then do a mold for my retainer.

So instead of me getting them off Nov 6th, they'll be off Nov 13.
I know its silly to be mad because I have to wait 7 days, but I am like really tired of them right now.

She said the reason they leave them on is because the orthodontist doesn't want our teeth to move while we wait a week for our retainer..which is smart.
Its just driving me crazy..ever since he told me I would get them off in November thats all ive been thinkin about. LOL!
okay im finished.
This ramble probably doesnt even make any sense.
:shock:

Retainers
Lower Bonded Retainer
Olive Green:
Lower Hawley Retainer
Upper Hawley Retainer

beachbum

#44 Post by beachbum »

DireWire wrote:I am all with you. Braces s..k. I'm soon 9 mths in, the progress is great, but I can't wait to get rid of them.

Eating is less fun, smiling is less fun, kissing is less fun, chili and coffee is less fun, even wines taste differently. Salad is virtually impossible to eat. They poke into my lips, tear my mouth, are a nuisance to clean, impair my speech .

I look forward to getting rid of them (I hope I'm beyond half time in). But the decision to get them was right, and I wouldn't hesitate to get them today. I needed them, they work and I'll stick with them until the end. But yes, they s..k!

DireWire
I feel the same as DireWire. Along with the things mentioned, I often talk funny too.

ABGT

ohhhh believe me, im with u.

#45 Post by ABGT »

I have ceramic braces for about a year aswell. I think my teeth look great but my ortho wont give me an estimate on when im gettin' them off. even tho i have asked her... :(

SO...IM WITH YA! I WANT TO BE DEBANDED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE... CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!

HATE THEM! HATE THEM! HATE THEM!
:evil:

GOOD LUCK, HOPE U GET THEM OFF SOON. :D