Is anyone else as sick of braces as I am?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

real2

#16 Post by real2 »

<-- dying to get my braces ON !!!

So then I can pout about getting them off!!! :)

KLC

#17 Post by KLC »

Sounds like a lot of people are in the same boat. I have only had mine on a month and I'm already ready to say goodbye- lol! :oops: I've got a long way to go!

They have been sooo much better than I thought they'd be but I'm already sick of the food getting caught, being self-conscious when I eat in front of other people, trying to floss, etc... I haven't seen any movement but that could be bc I still need to get 4 teeth pulled. Hopefully once they come out, I'll start to see some changes. First adjustment is tomorrow!

But I love that you are all out there to hear us complain when we need to. Thanks!!

Her

#18 Post by Her »

I had mine for three years. Original time was supposed to be 20-24 months. I miss them like crazy!!!!!!!!!!

The second they were off I missed them. I think I looked better with the braces. lol.

KLC

#19 Post by KLC »

Her- You can have mine :lol:

KARESS

#20 Post by KARESS »

Im tired & ready to get my braces off.
Ever since the ortho. guy told me that the time was near
I've been annoyed but excited at the same time.
It seems like that's all i've been thinking about lately & time has gone
by very slowly.
I wish he would have never told me I would get my braces off soon.
If they are not off by November I dont know what Im going to do (yes i do, wear the braces.) but yeah..im tired with you.
:?

Banded: January. 18th, 2007
De-Banding: Nov. 6th, 2008!
& Nov. 13th, 2008 ; pics soon.

Retainers
Lower Bonded Retainer
Olive Green:
Lower Hawley Retainer
Upper Hawley Retainer

Lola

#21 Post by Lola »

I'm only 6 months in so the end is not near! I like to think that if I was a year in I would be happy knowing that I'm almost there (I was told 12-18months, am assuming it'll be 18!) i just got my lowers braced 2/3 weeks ago and nothing has moved. My uppers seemed to stop moving about 1/2 months ago :( Think I'll be happier having braces when I see something happening again

KARESS

#22 Post by KARESS »

Stacexox wrote:I'm almost at the 2 year mark....and I was told I'd only have mine for that amount of time.....and I'm only just getting my bottom braces next month. I have no idea how much longer I have to go. It's all just bit of a waiting game at the moment. It's been a slow ride, but I am FINALLY getting somewhere!
why didnt you get them at the same time?

Banded: January. 18th, 2007
De-Banding: Nov. 6th, 2008!
& Nov. 13th, 2008 ; pics soon.

Retainers
Lower Bonded Retainer
Olive Green:
Lower Hawley Retainer
Upper Hawley Retainer

KLC

#23 Post by KLC »

StaceXoX- WOW! Did your orthodontist give you any explanation as to why the first estimation was so wrong? I realize that things take longer than first estimated but it seems like your situation is a bit extreme. Did they give you any sort of idea how long you'll have the bottom bracs?? If you can believe it... You seem to have a good attitute about it, kudos to you! :shock:

lingualslady

#24 Post by lingualslady »

im very sick of mine and wondering should i have gone for the invisalign... no food gettign stuck and sounds as if there's less pain involved and they were a cheaper option - doh!

but my teeth are moving.. must concentrate on the positive!
Top and bottom STb's since 30th July..

KittyKat99

#25 Post by KittyKat99 »

Hey,

Ive got my braces on for 4 months now and i am fed up. Im sick and tired of having to clean my teeth after every meal. I use to love eating out and now i dont. I hate when food gets stuck in the wires, its so head wrecking!!!I feel like everyone i kno who has had them is being really positive which is great but im not sure if they can remember r something. Ive got about 20 more months to go and i just cant stand it. The good thing is that ive noticed them getting better which does make it feel worthwhile!!! Just had to let that all out!!

Gudluck people

Bracefacegal

#26 Post by Bracefacegal »

I'm just tired of people asking me why I thought I needed braces.....that alone is enough for me to want them off fast.

I have a 10 month treatment time, however, it could be a year....I shouldn't really complain about them because I know a lot of you are doing this for 2 or 3 years...however, my molars REALLY hurt today....I had been pain free for a good 3 weeks and now it's startiing up again...ugh...

I too hate the food getting stuck and the general icky feeling that it leaves behind after you eat....ick!

Plus, my molar bracket is really digging into the back of my mouth....I know for sure that is when some major movement is occuring.....I need to just ride it out...
It's never too late to fix your smile! :)

Lisa65

#27 Post by Lisa65 »

I might try that answer :lol: I get sick of that question too.

tammers1010

#28 Post by tammers1010 »

There are days when my braces honestly don't bother me, and then there are days like yesterday and today. I've had my braces on since Memorial day, and several times I have already whined about wanting them off. Recently I've started getting blisters on the lower inside right across from my front teeth area because i've been rolling over in my sleep and the brackets keep cutting into my flesh there. It gets much worse if I have to talk. I've been piling on the wax, and that does seem to help. Now, combine that with a sinus headache. Joyful. It was so bad i was in tears yesterday. I've gotten almost no schoolwork done this week. I just thank god that I don't have to be at school til next week, and the students don't come til the week after that. I'm just dreading my second adjustment next month because they are putting brackets on the back 4 molars.

BTW, anyone know how to get blisters to stay gone?
Tammers

jaswi

#29 Post by jaswi »

I know how you feel tammers. Braces make being sick seem so much more unpleasant. I've had A sore throat, cough and headache for a week and a half now, and ugh.

KLC

#30 Post by KLC »

Tammers- I get the exact same sore inside my mouth. I get it sometimes in my sleep... and when I drink out of beer bottles- lol! They do seem to disapear just as quickly as they come, though. Have you thought about just using wax when you sleep?

Hope you feel better!