Disclosing tablets and clear braces - Disaster!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

spartanforever

Disclosing tablets and clear braces - Disaster!

#1 Post by spartanforever »

I don't know what I was thinking when I started chewing those disclosing tablets - it showed me a two tone color marking out the plaque alrite but my mouth first went blue. And then it became red. And all my clear braces including the ligs were red!!

it took me a good 45 minutes to scrub every bit of red out of my ligs. And it was rather difficult to get it off even with lots of toothpaste. My wife thought I was bonkers brushing my teeth for 45 minutes!! Luckily I had an oral b ortho power tip so I could exactly target the ligs. Anyway, I really panicked that the red color wont away and I would end up with red teeth. I was all set to just land up at the ortho at 7 in the morning.

Even though I think all of its gone now, I still think there's some red tint. Might be my own paranoia but after last nite I'm never ever using disclosing tablets.

For people with clear braces - think twice before chewing on one!!

rolo

#2 Post by rolo »

What a nightmare! Were you late for work?

I got disclosing tablets given to me in a bag of Goodies from my ortho when I had clear braces fitted, but never had the nerve to use them, but now I will definitely be giving them a miss.

Bet your teeth were clean at the end of it!

spartanforever

#3 Post by spartanforever »

It happened at night so I wasn't late for work. I had mine from the bag of goodies as well..

yea my teeth were clean alrite - i still have a lingering taste from the tablets..

Maverick

#4 Post by Maverick »

:lol: Sorry, but it is kind of funny. :lol:

TigerLily

#5 Post by TigerLily »

LOL. I used disco tablets for the first time since I was about 12 the other night. I also thought oh no not a good idea with clear brackets.

I had no plaque showing (the hygieniest had said that I didn't really get plaque but I've been paranoid)..but ended up with blue blue brackets.

Luckily, all brushed away in minutes!