Inman aligners

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Wicked

Re: Inman aligners

#2671 Post by Wicked »

Trying to improve my speech with the Inman in, I have been reading the "Rainbow Passage" aloud, any more top tips to help with speech?
I did have a lot of excess saliva but that has stopped now, no pain in my teeth (just a sensation of pressure which is fine), I am pleasantly surprised at how discreet the brace looks in my mouth and its really comfy, no rubbing or sores in my mouth.
Feeling positive 😊

Tabul

#2672 Post by Tabul »

had to register myself on this forum as well when I saw this thread :) It's good to find discussion on IAs - though a bit slow thread!

I've had IA now for 2 weeks and 2 days and feeling a slight worry about the progress though I've been wearing the device for about 18-20 hrs per day. I'm used to having train track braces back in the days and the slow progress there but I was hoping for more noticeable progress with IAs. I'm quite confident of my dentist but I'm a bit worried if I wear the IAs correctly (my bite moves the bar behind my front teeth lower than where it gets when I insert the IA device with my fingers). Hopefully I'm able to discuss that during my dentist visit next week. I'm mentally prepared for 12 week treatment so I hope the progress picks up!

Just for own interest, anyone here has had a unsuccessful experience with IA?

Pic: https://imgur.com/a/9TtPcXN (top from day 1, bottom pic from 2 weeks + 2 days)

Wicked

#2673 Post by Wicked »

Hi Tabul,

I got my Inman aligner (upper only) six weeks ago today, didn't see any movement for the first couple of weeks but I can see quite a change now. Got my first review appointment on Monday. I have felt the pressure pin pointed on different teeth at different stages through the last six weeks and now my worst tooth is looking much better. Stick with it 😊