How long until your second arch was braced?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

browneyedgrl

#16 Post by browneyedgrl »

I got my uppers and lowers at the same time too.

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

CactusZAF

#17 Post by CactusZAF »

I have only my uppers braced at the moment, and my next adjustment is in almost four more weeks, so that will be the ten month mark for me. My ortho has not yet indicated when the lowers will be put on. I'm not at all worried about the long time between banding of arches as I was given a sentence of at least 24 months, so there's at least another 14 months left to sort my deep bite and crowded lower arch.

abcdebbie

#18 Post by abcdebbie »

I have on uppers and I sure would like to get my lowers before school starts back in August. I go next week...
(O\_l_/O)
Debbie

[/url]

blindboarder2008
Location: in a house that has 4 walls, with lots of rooms!!! in Canada!

#19 Post by blindboarder2008 »

dagwoman wrote:I actually got mine on at the same time, because I asked to. Generally my ortho puts the top and bottoms on separately for the sake of adjusting to the changes, but I said I'd rather get it done all at once, so I did. and I'm glad, but that's just me.
I did the same thing dagwomen, both arches were braced the same day, i'm very happy they were cuz like you said you'd only have to get adjusted to the braces once instead of getting adjusted to one arch and then having to go back and do the same thing again! I was very happy to get both braced at the same time!
Braced: March 19th 2008
Impacted wisdom teeth extraction surgery: June 20th 2008 1pm (13 hours of fasting)
Jaw surgery (upper and lower)Lefort 1 with Madable Advancement: June 2nd 2009 @8am!!!! 1 surgery down 2 surgeries to go!!
debrace day: jan 18th 2010!!!! *has 2 fixed retainers and an essix retainer for night time now!

eh to zed

#20 Post by eh to zed »

Well, I got both arches braced on the same day.