Lig/O-Ring Fell Off

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

landela

Lig/O-Ring Fell Off

#1 Post by landela »

I was brushing my teeth after lunch, and I went to rinse off my toothbrush when I saw something silver sticking out of it. I thought it was some part of my food at first and wonder what they would have put in myfood I went in for closer inspection and noticed it was one of my ligs.
I pulled it out of my toothbrush and looked for which tooth it came off of. Once I found the tooth, I brifely attempted to put it back on and realized that I would not be able to. Right now its sitting in an envelope in my purse, and when I go home from work I may see if my husband can manuver it back on (or should I leave it be?).
There is a wire tie on the tooth it came off of, so I'm not overly concerned about it (should I be?) and plan on calling the ortho Monday morning when they are back in the office.
To me, it is really obvious that there is no lig on that tooth and it feels strange on my lip. Seems to be slightly more tender now, but that could completely be my imagination since I am no focusing more on that tooth.
Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen and if I should get in touch with the ortho now, or if waiting till Monday is okay.
Laynie

Braced - April 24, 2008
Last adjustment - December 16, 2008
Trangle elastics - August 26 - Current (only at night from 11/11/2008 - Current)
Treatment end date - January 28, 2009

Click link to read my braces story:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 532#258532 - Updated 11/11/2008 with pictures

Raven78

#2 Post by Raven78 »

You should be okay until Monday.

Also if your tooth is more tender now It may hurt more to have someone that does not normally put ligs on to try and put one on.
Kendra.......
Braced~April 3, 2008
DeBraced~ Feb 10, 2010
Braced for 22 months & 1 week.
Now have clear retainers.

eh to zed

#3 Post by eh to zed »

That's a bad idea to let your husband manoeuvre the lig back on. Give your ortho a call for sure on Monday! It can wait. It's happened to me a few times, but I didn't call I just waited until the next adjustment.