FACIAL CHANGES FROM BRACES

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Moonbeanz

Re: FACIAL CHANGES FROM BRACES

#16 Post by Moonbeanz »

Yes!!! I have noticed these too. I had my braces for 2 years but did not get teeth removed as I should have. I noticed these lines forming maybe a year into treatment. I have had my braces off for 6 months and unfortunately the lines are still there. They are smile lines even though I am not smiling. They have become creases. If I look closely in the mirror I can see my skin wrinkled! I absolutely hate it. Before braces I did not have these at all. I didn’t have smile lines when I was smiling. I don’t know why this happened. Maybe because I didn’t get teeth removed when my orthodontist said I should? (2 from the top & bottom). If anything, having braces just made me insecure about my smile for a different reason. It’s no longer my teeth that make me insecure, it’s these wrinkles around my mouth. They look like this: 2 lines above my top lip going from the corners of my lip up to my nostrils. Just one lines on each side. Underneath my bottom lip sticks out too. It looks puffy. Instead of just being mouth it’s protruding a little. I would upload a picture but I don’t know how, I’m a new user haha. But yes I don’t like it at all!!! The lines didn’t go away even after taking off my braces :(

Lovespain5

#17 Post by Lovespain5 »

Moonbeanz wrote:Yes!!! I have noticed these too. I had my braces for 2 years but did not get teeth removed as I should have. I noticed these lines forming maybe a year into treatment. I have had my braces off for 6 months and unfortunately the lines are still there. They are smile lines even though I am not smiling. They have become creases. If I look closely in the mirror I can see my skin wrinkled! I absolutely hate it. Before braces I did not have these at all. I didn’t have smile lines when I was smiling. I don’t know why this happened. Maybe because I didn’t get teeth removed when my orthodontist said I should? (2 from the top & bottom). If anything, having braces just made me insecure about my smile for a different reason. It’s no longer my teeth that make me insecure, it’s these wrinkles around my mouth. They look like this: 2 lines above my top lip going from the corners of my lip up to my nostrils. Just one lines on each side. Underneath my bottom lip sticks out too. It looks puffy. Instead of just being mouth it’s protruding a little. I would upload a picture but I don’t know how, I’m a new user haha. But yes I don’t like it at all!!! The lines didn’t go away even after taking off my braces :(
Welcome at Archwired forum.
On the contrary from you, I used to have these lines before treatment and after they disappear completly.
And my bottom lip which used to be very big become completly retracted.
I was treated with 2 top and 2 bottom premolars removed (the first ones) and elastics in aim to get competent lips but also a smaller mouth and a straight face.

You may end with lip incompetence and bimax protrusion as I had before treatment?
Lateral lines are frequent in these cases.
As you are a new member, you can't post photos or see photos posted by other members (you have to reach 10 posts for this).
But if you want you can send me your mail if you want to talk more about bimax protrusion and send photos of you before/after?

Thank you.
:?:-#):mrgreen:

Adeade

#18 Post by Adeade »

Hi! This might be a long shot seeing that this post created 14 years ago. But did anyone see improvement or see their face go back to normal after removal?? I have smile lines and I’m hoping it goes back to normal. 😭