You CAN have caramel with braces!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Luella

You CAN have caramel with braces!!!

#1 Post by Luella »

Okay, I'm a major caramel lover- I love the little square ones, the round ones with white in the middle, the little tootsie roll lookin ones in the foil wrappers- my favorite ones are these: Image

However, there is no freakin way I could eat those with braces.... :cry:

BUT! I found these today at the store and they are SO GOOD- they're soft like chocolate and they have a caramel-y flavor that is so good!

I know I'm a goober, but I had to share with all my co-brace face caramel fans!!!
~ Luella ~
Oral surgery assistant, Registered Dental Assistant, OMAAP Certified

browneyedgrl

#2 Post by browneyedgrl »

Hi Luella,

I definitely wouldn't attempt chewing a caramel with braces on. I love the square ones too! But you can suck on them and let them melt in your mouth.

The werther ones, the sucking candies are really good, but it totally doesn't replace caramel.

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

blindboarder2008
Location: in a house that has 4 walls, with lots of rooms!!! in Canada!

#3 Post by blindboarder2008 »

oh my gosh. I totally love caramel as well, i love the caramal cadbury choco bars but there definetly way to sticky. I had a massively huge caramel craving not to long ago. Fortunately my mom found these chocolate popsicles that have caramel in them. Oh man they are definetly an amazing treat!!!! I love it!!! I'm so happy I can at least have some sort of caramel even though i have braces on. I can't wait to hve the cadbury caramilk choco bars when i get my braces off. In fact my best friend/sis is actually planning on coming down the night before and were going to the bulk barn to stock up on a whole bunch of stuff that I haven't been able to eat and were going to feast on it once i get my braces off. I can hardly wait. that is going to be extremely amazing! Its about one year and 4 months away!!! woot! the countdown is on!
Braced: March 19th 2008
Impacted wisdom teeth extraction surgery: June 20th 2008 1pm (13 hours of fasting)
Jaw surgery (upper and lower)Lefort 1 with Madable Advancement: June 2nd 2009 @8am!!!! 1 surgery down 2 surgeries to go!!
debrace day: jan 18th 2010!!!! *has 2 fixed retainers and an essix retainer for night time now!

lindesd

TOO FUNNY

#4 Post by lindesd »

They was too cute! I also love carmel and have been craving it for months. I am so craving a snickers and carmel popcorn. I will go and buy a package of your suggested product in hopes that it helps with the craving. I tell you one thing. The minute these babies come off I plan on overdosing on carmel .......to the point of total sickness! :lol:

Stacey

blindboarder2008
Location: in a house that has 4 walls, with lots of rooms!!! in Canada!

Re: TOO FUNNY

#5 Post by blindboarder2008 »

lindesd wrote:They was too cute! I also love carmel and have been craving it for months. I am so craving a snickers and carmel popcorn. I will go and buy a package of your suggested product in hopes that it helps with the craving. I tell you one thing. The minute these babies come off I plan on overdosing on carmel .......to the point of total sickness! :lol:

Stacey
you couln't of said that better, i can't wait to have the actual caramilk bars but for now these wonderful choco caramel popsicles will do the trick. i don't have the brand off by hand but if you have trouble finding it msg here and i can give it to you!
ps. sorry for the triple post of the same msg!
Braced: March 19th 2008
Impacted wisdom teeth extraction surgery: June 20th 2008 1pm (13 hours of fasting)
Jaw surgery (upper and lower)Lefort 1 with Madable Advancement: June 2nd 2009 @8am!!!! 1 surgery down 2 surgeries to go!!
debrace day: jan 18th 2010!!!! *has 2 fixed retainers and an essix retainer for night time now!

reckoner

#6 Post by reckoner »

I'm bad, I still eat caramel.. Snickers and Milky Way mostly. :oops: I haven't knocked off a bracket or gotten a cavity yet (knock on wood), but I think I'll try those instead next time so I don't mess up my braces TOO much.

markGl

enjoy then

#7 Post by markGl »

have at it then.. ill just stray away since im not a carmel buff

blzrul

Caramel!?

#8 Post by blzrul »

So in other words, when I ate at least 5 bags of caramels the week before getting banded (reasoning that it would be YEARS before I'd taste caramel again)....I didn't need to?!
8)

shoezy

#9 Post by shoezy »

Hello Luella,
Those are uber super duper good! Can get messy - challenge to clean, but meh... :dance: not like you're having them every single day of treatment.

-S

----------
braces on: Feb 2005
braces off: Nov 2008

mariag

Re: You CAN have caramel with braces!!!

#10 Post by mariag »

I still eat caramel, gum and all sorts of chewy things with braces as long as i am careful it is still fine

djspeece

Re: You CAN have caramel with braces!!!

#11 Post by djspeece »

I think it's time to introduce the new generation of the embraced to the real sins: Please check out "Confess Your Orthodontic Sins" for some real inspiration - https://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewt ... r#p449230
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying