deep bite ... do you feel

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tazzle

deep bite ... do you feel

#1 Post by tazzle »

your upper braces with lower lip?

When I am relaxed my lower lip can cover the brackets of the upper front teeth. Just mildly curious as to whether I have a particularly deep bite or whether this is quite common.

Its not un unpleasant sensation ..... I find it sorta scratchy tickly :wink:

[/url]

ImageImage

jenny101101

#2 Post by jenny101101 »

My bite is the same as yours. I dont know if we both just have deep bites or it's common either. My lower jaw aches sometimes though because it's so deep...does yours?
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

cally

#3 Post by cally »

Mine does that and I'm in my 12th month of treatment.

tazzle

#4 Post by tazzle »

my jaw aches at the sides sometimes but the worst discomfort is the palate behind the top teeth and the gums on front of my bottom ones ........ as thats where the teeth impact ( top ones incline inwards) and do damage. That why I now have braces and will have surgery.

when at the first consultation he said it would be two years of discomfort to sort it all ..... I just said ... . well whats two years against the rest of my life :lol: :lol: :lol:

I haven't had chance to ask the ortho what sort of measurements we are talking about re movement etc .... didn't think to at first till I saw folk on here talking about how many mm jaw / teeth have moved .

[/url]

ImageImage

tazzle

#5 Post by tazzle »

hi cally cross posted ....... will you be having surgery or more brace work to open up the bite a bit ?

[/url]

ImageImage

cally

#6 Post by cally »

No surgery, and not sure how much longer I will be in braces--still have some crowding work to resolve.

funshine

#7 Post by funshine »

Hi cally. I have a deep bite, but I have molar build-ups to keep me from biting bottom brackets. Have you ever had those?

cally

#8 Post by cally »

I wore a cemented bite plate for 5 long, horrible months.

funshine

#9 Post by funshine »

Oops...I meant to ask that question to tazzle. I hope everything is getting better! :D

tazzle

#10 Post by tazzle »

hi funshine ...... I dont have my bottom set on yet, not so much to move around on the bottom as dentist took my molars out when I was a kid

but

never followed up with braces to straighten out the bottom which were very crowded. That was done when I was 31 with braces .......but the full bite problem was not adressed even then :roll:

I am hoping the front teeth will have moved outwards before the bottom ones need to be braces up .......... if not I anticpate that some sorta molar build up of stop will be needed to stop me biting donw ... I have already done damage to the gums on the front lowers so knw that there is the potential for damage if it isnt !!!

oh cally after your comment I am glad I did not listen then to a dentist that told me a few years ago that my mouth could not be sorted and the only way to prevent damage was a PERMANENT metal bite plate.

[/url]

ImageImage

cally

#11 Post by cally »

Oh dear...permanent would be intolerable. Five months was bad enough (but I have other muscular/health issues as well, which complicated matters.)

tazzle

#12 Post by tazzle »

I thought so too cally ....... but I am glad I no longer have to make a choice between that, eating soft food for the rest of my life or damaging my gums / palate so I would lose certainly my front teeth !

The day the ortho accepted me for braces /surgery I bounced out the door going YES YES YES ... doubt he sees many people that ecstatic about the prospect of his treatment :lol: :lol:

[/url]

ImageImage