IMPACTED CANINES CLUB

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

metalgear84

IMPACTED CANINES CLUB

#1 Post by metalgear84 »

Hello All!

I have been on braces for 2 months already and am due next month to have my baby teeth extracted, canines exposed and chains put on them. SO SCARED about the whole process...ufff

I was wondering how many people out here are currently on braces for the same treatment--impacted canines, with a chain to pull down. Leave a quick post if so...

Cheers to all and good look on getting those teeth down ;)

ollielloyd

#2 Post by ollielloyd »

Hey,

I have an impacted canine I've had a chain on for over a year now..I'm a bit fed up, I've been on my last link now for a while - but I think others have had more luck.

Update us with photos :)

duckie1987

#3 Post by duckie1987 »

Unfortunately (or fortunately, however you wish to look at it), I had horizontally impacted canines, which apparently had no chance in coming down. So, they were cut out along with my wisdom teeth. The solution to my situation is implants.

fluffybottom

#4 Post by fluffybottom »

I don't have my braces on yet but I have an impacted canine that they are going to try to bring down. So count me in the club!
I had my braces on for 2 years, 1 month, 2 weeks and 2 days.

Way Too Old For This

#5 Post by Way Too Old For This »

metalgear84, I am not currently in this process, but was a couple of years ago. I am SOOO happy I did it. I hope you will feel the same...good luck!
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

ibraceface

#6 Post by ibraceface »

Yay! I'm in the club!

holly0841

#7 Post by holly0841 »

Count me in the club too. Only had the braces a month with surgery coming as soon as they make space, unfortunately both mine are impacted so I got lots of gaps. Glad to hear I am not alone, I am 34 so it may be pretty hard to pull down the canines - have kept up with Ollie's story and hoping his comes down soon.
Braced 3/11/08 Uppers
Braced 11/08 Lowers
2 Impacted Canines
Surgery 03/06/09 for exposure of teeth # 6 & #11

ollielloyd

#8 Post by ollielloyd »

Glad you're following Holly, although mine seems to be taking abnormally long..hmn :( I'm on my last link - it's just the button and the tooth that need to appear....let's just hope for the best! I'll be sure to post more pictures when it's broken the surface :)

metalgear84

My Pix - Impacted Canines

#9 Post by metalgear84 »

Hey Guys!

I had created a blog with some pics.....it was meant for myself, kinda like a diary. Since we are all going through this together, I thought I should share it.

here it goes--- bracesboy84.blogspot.com

How's everybody's treatment going?

Anyone had surgery to have the canines exposed? I'm having mine within 3 weeks, and am very nervous. I saw a video clip of the procedure and it's gross.....

ollielloyd

#10 Post by ollielloyd »

I've had braces for nearly 3.5 years! :) I've been pulling on a canine with elastics for a year...with zero luck! I hate my impacted canine with a passion :)

Paul UK

#11 Post by Paul UK »

I had treatment about 11 years ago (age 16).

The orthodontist expected to have to pull the impacted tooth down etc. In the end, they removed the baby tooth, exposed the eye tooth then waited for things to heal. When I went for the next consultation they decided there was no need for a fixed appliance. They fitted me with a metal "button" on the offending eye tooth. This was then pulled into the main arch using a pair of springs attached to a removable appliance. There was also a bite-plate part of the removable added to avoid my lowers pushing my eye tooth back where it came from! So I've only ever had one bracket/button glued to teeth.

nimo

#12 Post by nimo »

I had an impacted canine that they brought down. It only took two adjustments for it to come all the way down. But I'll add that it was so painful when they were attaching the chain to the wire that I thought the orthodontist was mad at me. Seriously one of the more painful dental procedures I've had to go through. BUT eating was fine, I had drugs, and I also attribute the unpleasantness to the fact that I had to go through everything while my husband was gone, so I wasn't very happy. I always seem to heal better when I have someone to be there for me.
Braced on 17 Feb. 2006.
Five teeth extracted on March 9, 2006.
Canine exposure: February 7, 2007
lefort 3 March 7, 2008
TPA April 22, 2008
2 years 7 months in braces
braces off September 17, 2008

metalgear84

#13 Post by metalgear84 »

My exposure surgery is tomorrow!!

Im so scared--!!!!! And i'm hoping my face doesnt get swollen..

;-)

fluffybottom

#14 Post by fluffybottom »

Good luck! Please post all about it afterwards because I'm going to have the same thing done in the not very distant future.

:shock:
I had my braces on for 2 years, 1 month, 2 weeks and 2 days.

holly0841

#15 Post by holly0841 »

Good luck, please update on how it went I have surgery coming up in the near future. We want all the gory details!!!! I hope it goes well and be sure and get good pain meds to get you through.
Braced 3/11/08 Uppers
Braced 11/08 Lowers
2 Impacted Canines
Surgery 03/06/09 for exposure of teeth # 6 & #11