IMPACTED CANINES CLUB

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ditsy

Re: IMPACTED CANINES CLUB

#526 Post by ditsy »

:( not looking forward to my adjustment in a week's time. I like to think there has been movement but I'm not keen on the thought of her pulling the chain again. Blegh!

jenna88

#527 Post by jenna88 »

I've had my braces on for just over 7 weeks now and I can't believe how much my teeth have moved already (shame my canine won't move as quickly!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

UnevenJAG

#528 Post by UnevenJAG »

Wow jenna88 that's a nice lot of shifting your teeth have done, they look great! Dont be too disheartened about your slow canine, it's almost a full 12 months since my exposure surgery and my tooth is lined up for its spot and being pulled forward, I've still probably got a few months left until it's in the correct spot, but seeing how much closer it is now to actually being in the right spot makes the long wait and adjustments worth it, especially because there is the risk at the start that it won't come down! Keep on updating us though, I enjoy seeing other peoples progress :)
**Uppers Braced 18/07/2014**
**Bottoms Braced 17/09/2015**
Double Jaw surgery 11th Jan 2017
Blog - http://jacintasjawsurgery.com

bonniewithbraces

#529 Post by bonniewithbraces »

Count me in the club. I have two impacted canines which were exposed feb 24, 2015. The canine on the right side is moving so much faster than the one on the left. I could see that one in my palette about a month after my chains were activated. I'm trying not to rush the process but I really want my teeth to come down. I'm tired of walking around with these gaps in my mouth!! My braces already make me looker younger and the gaps don't help any lol. I'm glad to know I'm not the only adult ( I'm 24) going through this.

lollypop

#530 Post by lollypop »

Wow jenna88! That is some speedy movement! You must be pleased. :D
Brackets go on 01/06/2015

Visit my blog: adultinbraces.wordpress.com

Mon

#531 Post by Mon »

Hey katesm13 - do you want to sell your Acceledent? I'm looking to buy one used to save on cost a little.

Anyone else want to sell theirs?

ditsy

#532 Post by ditsy »

Happy happy happy!!! It hurt like a bugger but my tooth is on the move!!!! 3 links to go then it will be down!

ugh

#533 Post by ugh »

I have two impacted canines and im not looking forward to having them exposed. Can someone tell me how bad the pain is out of ten?

SandSnake

#534 Post by SandSnake »

Hey guys!
Clipboard.jpg
So the picture on the left was my tooth back in August, four months into this whole thing. The one on the right is my tooth now.
As you can see it's now it's been straightened (some of the tooth seems to have gone back into the gum in the process) and moved forward.

It continues to be a slow ordeal and I remain convinced there's still not enough space for the whole tooth to come down. But what do I know? He left the chain attached to the back of the tooth, I don't know why. I have an appointment next week so i'll ask then.

I'm trying to remain positive about all this and tell myself it will all be worth it in the end, but man it's hard!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ditsy

#535 Post by ditsy »

Eeep can someone help!! So had chain adjusted Monday and one link showing...now Wednesday and there are two links showing. Literally just sat watching tv and my gum felt a bit odd and there is a white lump appeared...no way can it of moved that quick? :( does it mean it has come off? I can't do anything till tomorrow at the earliest :/

kimmyann

#536 Post by kimmyann »

Ok i am the one who posted a while back about an impacted canine and extreme debilitating anxiety. I also posted that i am a teacher and was planning on waiting till summer to start the process..... Well i am scheduled to get top metal damon braces monday. I am so nervous... My husband has took off work to take me because i freak out so bad... My ortho said top braces only and approx 18 months. So i feel better knowing i dont have to have bottom braces. I went for my oral surgeon consultation today. He looked at my xray and went through the surgery process with me. He didnt seem to think the impacted tooth should be a problem to pull in... But i try not to get my hopes up that everything will go extremely smooth so if something happens i wont get too disappointed. He and the ortho both estimated 3-6 months for tooth to come in but i feel like after reading all your posts that it would likely take longer. My main anxiety cones from feeling the brackets under my lips all the time. I think if i could forget i had braces i would be fine and not self conscious. I would appreciate any of your advice or previous stories to help calm my nerves. I have xanax on standby.

millersgirl

#537 Post by millersgirl »

ditsy wrote:Eeep can someone help!! So had chain adjusted Monday and one link showing...now Wednesday and there are two links showing. Literally just sat watching tv and my gum felt a bit odd and there is a white lump appeared...no way can it of moved that quick? :( does it mean it has come off? I can't do anything till tomorrow at the earliest :/
What's the word, Ditzy?? I snapped my chain very recently. I was devastated. Had to have it re exposed and everything. I go in, in a hour, to hear if it is working or not. I hope yours is fine...let us know!

millersgirl

#538 Post by millersgirl »

ugh wrote:I have two impacted canines and im not looking forward to having them exposed. Can someone tell me how bad the pain is out of ten?
My first exposure, I was uncomfortable for a few days. Felt like I really burned the roof of my mouth. The second time I had it done as the chain came unattached, was a breeze!! Almost NO pain at all.

ditsy

#539 Post by ditsy »

I'm booked in to see them on Monday morning, the chain and the bond is right out my gum but still holding on to something, millersgirl how did you know it had snapped? Ill take a picture in a bit. I really hope my tooth had just gone into super speed mode but I really don't know how this happened!

millersgirl

#540 Post by millersgirl »

Ditzy,
I figured it broke as I felt a pop/crunch....that was a Friday morning I think. I had been closely watching progress via my xrays and knew I only had 3 links left to go. By Saturday evening it had moved two links and was sore...basically realizing I broke the chain as there's no way the tooth (my tooth anyway) moved that fast and I was in a lot of discomfort I grabbed some pliers and pulled at the chain. One pull and it was out...what was causing the pain was it was still attached to a big glob of bonding material. It was slowly working it's way through and out the gums. That's why it hurt so much. Once it was out I felt immediate relief. I hope you're still attached! Going through the surgery again is a bummer but if you read through older posts one guy had it done maybe five times?
I just got home from my adjustment and my ortho is letting me go 6 more weeks. :dance:
I'm praying this works...I don't want to start all over with an implant.