Quite stunned with progress (inc pics)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Britlaw

Quite stunned with progress (inc pics)

#1 Post by Britlaw »

I thought I'd post these as I thought the progress pretty amazing in like 10 weeks. More is happening one side but I dont really care, progress is progress and the ortho was really pleased. I only just had the bottom brace on in the second pic, so hoping for equally good progress there!

Jan 3rd 2008
March 17th 2008
Last edited by Britlaw on Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fluffybottom

#2 Post by fluffybottom »

Wow, your teeth look great! I hope mine will move as quickly once I finally get strapped in!

;)

kjw1214

#3 Post by kjw1214 »

Thats frickin awesome... so exciting for that progress.. wish mine would catch up with yours lol!
December 12, 2007- Paritally Braced, left canine back in all two brackets, nance and both bands.
Feb 4, 2008 First "adjustment" and first power chain!
March 26, 2008 Second adjustment, new power chain and wire and a full banding date. Seven weeks!
May 12 2008-----Full Banding Date!!!

Amarea

#4 Post by Amarea »

WOW!!! Lookin good!

*melissa*

#5 Post by *melissa* »

amazing progress in just a few months!!!!! WOW!! I hope mine move that fast!! :D

MsVarlene

#6 Post by MsVarlene »

That's great movement for being in braces for 3 months. Congrats!

breal87

#7 Post by breal87 »

looks good, your teeth are nice and white!!

Test

elpi

#8 Post by elpi »

wow britlaw! I hope I get to see even half that amount of movement in my first 3 months :D

martinboyce

#9 Post by martinboyce »

Britlaw, im so jealous i could scream! must be nice to see stuff happening, i wish i could see what my teeth will look like in the future lol

Your doing aces, again very envious!

You rock

Big hug \o/

loulou123

#10 Post by loulou123 »

congratulations, the movements looking great. :D

Braces on 11th June 2006,~ BSSO and Wisdom tooth removal 11th February 2008,~ Plate Removal 14th May 2008,~ Braces off 28th August 2008.

http://adultwithbraces.blogspot.com/

Britlaw

#11 Post by Britlaw »

Thanks guys :D

The progress has been good so far but I am not under any illusions here and in the future I may see nothing changing for long periods of time. Also, wearing braces is like doing the hokey cokey.... the teeth go in out, in out and then they shake all about! Progress can be cruelly wiped out and we have to learn to accept that. My lovely lateral has now poked a bit back in again and every day I seem to have to find a new position for my lower teeth to rest comfortably against the top - not that many of them meet! My younger son accused me of 'gurning'!!

We will all get there in the end :D and the vast majority of us will be in braces for around the same time so having lots of progress very early on isnt necessarily as good a motivator as maybe more subtle but consistent progress is better in the long run.

mg

#12 Post by mg »

Terrific progress!

I know just what you mean about the lower teeth not quite fitting into the upper for a decent bite. I feel like my jaw has nowhere to go.

I'm keeping my positive attitude............

Feb 12 '08: Full Metal Upper & Lower
Mar 04 '08: TPA until crossbite is corrected
Feb 03 '09: TPA removed: out of crossbite!!
Feb 12 '10: Sentence 24 months give or take
Sep 21 '09: BRACES REMOVED!!

Lisa65

#13 Post by Lisa65 »

I know what you mean about the gurning. Sometimes I feel like Esther Rantzen when I talk :?

You've certainly had some rapid movement there though.

Britlaw

#14 Post by Britlaw »

Hi MMM!! I wondered how you were doing!! Gonna check out your Youtube now!!.........

Where do I look?!

Britlaw

#15 Post by Britlaw »

Hi there, I already found you and have been looking at your vids! So cool!

You're doing great! :D