Infected wisdom tooth site =( Help!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SideKick3QT

Infected wisdom tooth site =( Help!!

#1 Post by SideKick3QT »

So ive been having this gross smelling/tasting stuff fluid coming out of one of my bottom wisdom teeth extraction sites so I have an appt today to get it checked out....what are they going to do if it is infected?? What is the basic procedure for something like this? I am nervous =( I dont want to do this anymoreee lol

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

You will be fine. You might have something stuck in the hole in which case it will need a clean out, or maybe a piece of bone chip is working its way out and has set up an infection, or maybe it's just bad luck. A course of antibiotics will sort you out :wink:

Try not to stress too much. It's not that uncommon to get an infection after extraction. Our mouths are full of bacteria.