Please hold my hand!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

missfashionista

Please hold my hand!

#1 Post by missfashionista »

Hi everyone!

My name is missfashionista and I will be getting braces put in tomorrow. I was just doing some research online to "ready" myself for the ordeal and stumbled upon this great forum!

I am turning 30 this year and the braces I am going to get are the clear ones on the top and the metal ones on the bottom. My orthodontist tells me that it will take around 20 months to straighten my teeth. I also need to have 1 tooth extracted. I am soooo scared!!

I look forward to reading more on this forum. I just wanted to start a new thread to introduce myself and get some moral support from fellow metal mouths!

BobKitten

#2 Post by BobKitten »

welcome - and good luck!

HIMgurl

#3 Post by HIMgurl »

Welcome to AW! I promise you, its not a terrible thing to have braces. I just got mine three days ago. Its a pretty pleasant experience. Don't worry too much.
I have just completed my treatment!!

browneyedgrl

#4 Post by browneyedgrl »

Welcome to AW and good luck tomorrow on your b-day! I'm turning 40 in a couple of months and I got braced for the second time 4 weeks ago. My experience has been fine and I was a nervous wreck beforehand for nothing! And all I can say is that it's been well received by my family, friends, co-workers and clients. Some people will say things and others won't.

Just have a good meal beforehand and have your OTC pain medication in hand.

B
Last edited by browneyedgrl on Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

mariahfromchicago

#5 Post by mariahfromchicago »

Best Wishes!!! :)

ilovemacs

#6 Post by ilovemacs »

Welcome to Archwired! Have an awesome time tomorrow! Pick awesome colours- take a look at the Lig Colour forum for some ideas! Don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions tomorrow! Good Luck! :D

loulou123

#7 Post by loulou123 »

Welcome and good luck today. :D

Ive had my braces on for 20months now, and its flown by (most of the time)

If youve got any questions feel free to ask. :D

Lou

Braces on 11th June 2006,~ BSSO and Wisdom tooth removal 11th February 2008,~ Plate Removal 14th May 2008,~ Braces off 28th August 2008.

http://adultwithbraces.blogspot.com/

SolarFeline

#8 Post by SolarFeline »

Greetings and WELCOME to this forum! Good for you for wanting to improve your life!

If you have any questions, just ask, we are here to help.

Remember : hydration, wax, Bonjela and Kenalog. and it's all worth it in the long run! :lol: Painkillers before an adjustment, and employ your sense of humour.

KatieBug

#9 Post by KatieBug »

Good luck today, be sure to post afterwards!

[/url]

kjw1214

#10 Post by kjw1214 »

YAY! Today is your day. How exciting. I was super excited for mine, had been waiting all my 22 years for beautiful teeth and finally sometime in the near future we will! Dont worry about the extraction, I had four at one time and I survived with the help of meds! Good luck and hope all is well.

mg

#11 Post by mg »

Yikes! Just had 8 spacers installed 2 days ago. My braces - metal upper and lower - will go on next Tuesday. Glad to have found all of you for support. So far; pressure and some pain as things seem to be moving already (I was not ready for that), very difficult eating but will get protein powder and have my blender ready!

missfashionista

#12 Post by missfashionista »

Thank you all for your warm welcome!!! Well, I am back from the Ortho. and just got my lower braces. The dr. only did the lowers first to get me "used" to it. I will go in 3 weeks later to get the top ones done. And for my 3rd appointment, I will have my extraction.

All I can say is so far so good! The discomfort is not as bad as I thought it would be. I am just worried about the extraction! But that's not gonna happen till later...sigh. So I will update you guys as things progress!

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

DireWire

#13 Post by DireWire »

Miss Fashionista,

you will be alright. I have my braces in since a week now, so I know exactly how you feel.

I always knew it is the right thing to do. My concerns moved quickly from how it looks to how it feels, but I kind of got used to it by now.

Good luck!

Miss Smiley

#14 Post by Miss Smiley »

Miss Fashionista, you'll do wonderful! 1 extraction and braces will be a cinch. Luckily you don't need to have 4 or 8 extractions like some of us unlucky ones.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

phae

#15 Post by phae »

Welcome! My braces were a 30th birthday present to myself in December, so I'm right there with you. Hooray for us. :D
>.<

If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster. -- Isaac Asimov