Made it to 1st Anniversary!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Catmom

Made it to 1st Anniversary!

#1 Post by Catmom »

Sorry, I haven't been around much lately, but I had major shoulder surgery in August and was limited in the time I could use the computer. I finally came back to work last Monday (Dec 3rd).

My 1st B-day Anniversary was on Dec 4 - I can't believe it's been a year since I was braced. Things are going very well, as the stubborn teeth are now starting to move and my bite feels great. I haven't had a migraine since the braces went on, which is wonderful! The ortho figures approx. one more year and I should be finished - I sure hope so, although it hasn't been as bad as I first thought. The adjustments are less painful (or maybe it was just the pain meds I had for the shoulder that made it feel better!) and I can eat just about anything now without discomfort.

I apologize for this being so long, but I have to tell you a funny story. I started voice lessons again in October and after my first lesson I had a wire poking into my lower lip. I have a wire tie there and had just had an adjustment so thought the wire just needed to be clipped. Turns out that the bottom archwire had snapped in half!!! Since then, I have heavy duty wires, top and bottom, which are then doubled and wire tied!!! No chance of that happening again!!! My teacher said she's never had a student break a wire, so, yet again, I AM UNIQUE!!!

turrrtlelove22

#2 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Congrats on your one year...mines is today!!! and ive got only about 6 more months till im done!!! Yay us!!...hehe
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

joney

#3 Post by joney »

Congratulations to you both. I reached one year last month and it's a good feeling to get that year out of the way, it is surprising how quickly it went.
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

braceface1969

#4 Post by braceface1969 »

Congratulations! I have my braces 8 months.

platinum

#5 Post by platinum »

Congrats!

Thin wires tend to break :( I broke my two first wires. Same place, between my first molar and second premolar.

mariahfromchicago

#6 Post by mariahfromchicago »

Next month (Jan 29) I have had my braces on for a year! Fun!

- mariah
PS: Time has flown by!

muppet

#7 Post by muppet »

Hello,

I have just hit the one month mark :) Hope the next 17 pass quickly. One year seems a long way off, i am encouraged by the fact that you say it passes quickly.