Prosthodontist versus Cosmetic Dentist

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MazingerZ

Prosthodontist versus Cosmetic Dentist

#1 Post by MazingerZ »

For those who had bridges/crowns done, did you went to a prosthodontist (someone who specializes in teeth replacement) or to a cosmetic/general dentist? And why?

mardziewall

um

#2 Post by mardziewall »

well my dad had fake teeth and he just went to his normal dentist for that

rsprouse

#3 Post by rsprouse »

If you need a full mouth rehab then I would consider a prosthodontist for treatment. If you are having an elective cosmetic procedure or other restorative work done then it is a crapshoot, it all depends on the person doing the work. You will probably like the price of a GP over a prosthodontist. And lab communication and skill is just as important as the actual dentistry.

Best,
Rory

Miss Smiley

#4 Post by Miss Smiley »

I had a front crown done by a GP and it came out beautiful, my sis in law who is a GP was practicing in the eastcoast and was jealous. I had two lower crowns done by a Prosthodontist and he will be redoing my severed bridge into individual all porcelain crowns. That's after all this darn ortho work. But my sis in law said a lot has to do with the lab the dentist uses.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix