Does anyone else like playing with their hooks??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ilovemacs

Does anyone else like playing with their hooks??

#1 Post by ilovemacs »

Right now I only have top braces (bottoms in approx. 2 months). I'm just wondering if anyone likes playing with their hooks attached to their brackets? I do!! Sometimes I'll sit in class and rub my tongue on them. My hooks are on my canine's I think..? I'm excited for when I get elastics so that my hooks don't just sit there. I just want my bottoms on now!! :D

TsuKata

#2 Post by TsuKata »

I find myself idly tonguing my brackets all the time, to the point that I've had to consciously tell myself not to do it because I was rubbing my tongue raw. :) I'm guessing that in a few months, it won't be so intriguing to my tongue.

PrincessMelody

#3 Post by PrincessMelody »

Just wait until you get elastics (assuming you do get them that is) and you'll start plucking tunes on them :lol: . My cat gets completely fascinated when I do this and will stare at my mouth so now it's gotten to the point that I do it just for my cat's reaction. I also rub my tongue on my elastics too since they're right towards the front of my mouth.
Check out my braces story by clicking the WWW
28 months and 22 days in braces
Now in an upper and lower Hawley retainer.

HeyTeach

#4 Post by HeyTeach »

um no, but that's ok. really. btw, KK, is that a dancing tube of toothpaste? or do I need my glasses rx changed?? or is it just Monday?? and I'm imagining all this, but it's not really happening.

ilovemacs

#5 Post by ilovemacs »

My ortho said I will prbably get elasatics to bring one of the jaws forward... I forget which one but I do have an overbite... If that helps! :banana:

jumbie

#6 Post by jumbie »

Ok so I USED to play with my hooks but not with my tongue, just my bottom lip. That was up until the day I stabbed the inside of my mouth with the hook. Everytime I tried to talk the hook would keep getting caught in the wound and just irritated it more and more . Needless to say I go out of that habit very quickly.
Banded 7th March 2007
Braced 12th April 2007-Ceramic uppers
Braced 7th May 2007-Metal lowers
http://bracefacejumbie.blogspot.com

ilovemacs

#7 Post by ilovemacs »

Ok.. looks like I'm one of few... I must be strange! :shock: :D :oops:

Cleobabe

#8 Post by Cleobabe »

Lol... I do it too...your not strange ilovemacs. I run my tongue along my braces quite a lot but sometimes I forget I have them already! I have heaps of hooks on my bottom brackets. I can't wait til I get elastics too!!

ilovemacs

#9 Post by ilovemacs »

Yay!! :D

mariahfromchicago

bottom teeth only

#10 Post by mariahfromchicago »

I have both, but I only have them on my bottom teeth. Does that mean, I will need elastics?

-mariah

Kat

#11 Post by Kat »

Never but my hooks sure like to play with me. :x

jenni11

#12 Post by jenni11 »

its nice to see that other people have rubbed the tongues raw by playing with their braces. I couldnt figure out why my tongue felt like i had burnt my tongue, it was cuz i unconsiously run my tongue over them all the time. its been better though. And good luck with the elastics guys.

regulering17

hands off!

#13 Post by regulering17 »

For a period I coudn't stop touching it and was so overly concious about it, and well.. I found a picture taken off me when not knowing, and it didn't look good with me touching my braces lol..to get out food I guess haha..toothbrush next...
anyway, now I'm like KK(I think she wrote it), I forget I have them...:)

ilovemacs

#14 Post by ilovemacs »

Sometimes mine feels burnt too!

macfancier

#15 Post by macfancier »

Maybe it's a Macintosh-lover's thing, but I, too, find myself constantly messing with my brackets! I have favorites, like the very back left one where the wire hooks in, or a spot between brackets where I like to mess with the wire itself. I'll probably get in trouble for it at my adjustment!