2nd adjustment 3 Ibuprophin

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

HeyTeach

2nd adjustment 3 Ibuprophin

#1 Post by HeyTeach »

So this morning, in the chair for 30 minutes for lower arch wire change and new longer power chain after a touch of reprox, and tray 2 Invisaligner for upper arch after a bit of reprox there. Tight, very tight, did I say tight? Front teeth lower arch tender.

Talked to the ortho about the differences in treatment methods and he said that of his patients who get both brackets and aligners, it's about 50/50 who prefer which form. So he said it's not unusual that I find the aligners annoying and the brackets just fine. Then he added that I could switch BUT everything was going so well ... to which I added it's only 6 trays on top so let's see how I do and if we aren't pleased we'll finish another way. (which means my attitude has calmed down this past week cause I was ready to take such an offer last week!) But I did put in for Hawley not Essix retainers when the time comes, and the ortho agreed.

btw: no fun today...PARR and chef don't go back in till early Nov and I don't go back in till Mid Nov. Oh well, at least it didn''t take as long.

HeyTeach

#2 Post by HeyTeach »

I certainly understand about sore teeth now. Luckily I had a wonderful 3 cheese omelette for supper...not a hard thing to chew.

Sitting here today, no real pain, a little sore at lunch...took it easy with soup and a tuna salad sandwich on soft bread. (so that's the reason for cheap spongy bread! I have new appreciation.)

All in all quite bearable, a headache in the mouth for a bit. But I certainly can see how folks with extensive work can be in a lot of discomfort for some time.

PARR

#3 Post by PARR »

yo teach, chef said you called. Did he give you the famous 2 egg/3 cheese recipe? awesome n'est ce pas? Hope the chops are settling in.

HeyTeach

#4 Post by HeyTeach »

You got it! I think chef and I should write "The Gentle Gourmet...fine dining with soft food." And seriously, your "how to eat a slice of pizza" post awhile back sure saved my face a couple times!