Pictures of arch/overbite. Opinions?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

NotBob1

Pictures of arch/overbite. Opinions?

#1 Post by NotBob1 »

Hello all,

I have yet to post my pictures with questions, but here it goes!! I am due to get these off on Tuesday, but it just doesn't look right! :shock: :?:

One shows the overbite as it should be, yet it is up and out to one side. Keep in mind I started as a class III.

The other shows me pushing out my lower jaw to show how the upper arch is not lined up right. I do have an overbite.....

Jaw relaxed:

Jaw relaxed:

Lower jaw jetted forward to show difference:

Any opinions? I have already emailed these to my ortho in hopes that there will be a resolve to this prior to my planning on being there for 2 1/2 hours on Tuesday!! :-#) I was/am looking forward to getting these off, but I am not going to sacrifice the finished product just to get them off early!!!
Last edited by NotBob1 on Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pat
Class III tendency, crossbite 10-23
Maxillary horizontal & 2mm deficiency for upper teeth
GAC In-Ovation R, metal. Now with upper & lower Hawleys 24 hrs.

NotBob1

#2 Post by NotBob1 »

Molar to molar is likely as perfect as possible when closed in a relaxed position. As you know, my main issue WAS molar relationship, but now I am seeing this weird out of line arch.....The top two pictures showing the overbite is with my jaw relaxed. Only the last one is of me jetting out my lower jaw. It is solely to show the curve upward of the upper arch.

Am I just getting too picky? Am I trying to make a Spam out of my Chevrolet? Oh...wait a minute.....The Chevrolet at least gets you there! :wink:
Pat

NotBob1

#3 Post by NotBob1 »

I will. IPR: Interproximital reduction? Shaving, right? The problem is, this was done in ortho treatment #1 (#2 if you count phase I) so it is possible that this can not be done again.

It almost looks like the right (my left) side needs to simply be brought down with either archwire bends and/or elastics. OR....the left (my right) needs to go up and out.

.....arrrghghhhhhh! Frustrated! :-+ <---- I haven't used this emoticon since I first posted on this board!!!!
Last edited by NotBob1 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pat

NotBob1

#4 Post by NotBob1 »

Thanks, Karen!!!

Luckily it was mostly a dental Class III, although my Orthodontist when I was 18 told me it required surgery; which I did not do.

I have a feeling that they are coming off tomorrow whether I like what I see or not. This orthodontist is revered as one of the very best by many other orthodontists in Seattle. My guess is that this is the best we can get....but I hope not!

I hope all is going well with your treatment plan!
Pat

PARR

#5 Post by PARR »

They look awesome, and the lig color is mighty fine, along with that series of u wires. And you want those OFF???

Yeh, I see what your issue is and you have every right to ask and expect near perfect results. Is that something corrected or correctable during retention phase? I am of the opinion it's my money and my mouth, so I want the whole scoop.

keep us informed

NotBob1

#6 Post by NotBob1 »

Uhhhh.....Yes, Parr....I want them off. Why would I not? But I want the best result possible before taking them off.....
Pat

Shawnie

#7 Post by Shawnie »

Hi Pat -

First off I've got to say that your teeth look beautiful and are all such a nice shape.

I agree though that the left looks a tad higher than the right, but I would also say that the left central incisor also is a tiny bit higher. If you were to bring down the lateral and canine I think you may find that the lateral would be even with the incisor. Since you have such a great relationship with your centrals being a bit longer than the laterals (which I believe is how they are suppose to be) you may have to bring that left central down too. Just my very unprofessional opinion.

Even if nothing else can be done I think you have a great result and I don't think anyone would ever notice this.

Let us know what happens. Best of luck - Shawnie
Braced - 10/04/05
Treatment - 30 to 36 months
Ceramic uppers, Metal lowers
Impacted canines-Crowding-Crossbite
6 baby teeth!
Canine exposure surgery of two teeth 3/29/06
2nd canine exposure of one tooth 11/15/06

NotBob1

#8 Post by NotBob1 »

Hi Shawn! Long time no see! Tracy's place as I last recall........

Thank you for the compliment. I know no one else will se it, but I will. I'm all freaked out now because my appointment is tomorrow for debanding and I just am not convinced that it's done!!!! I sent pics and an email, but they are not there on Mondays.....

My guess is that she is going to want them off because if they don't come off.....it eats into profit.....but there HAS to be a way to get these lined up a bit better!!!!! :o [/img]
Last edited by NotBob1 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pat

Clo

#9 Post by Clo »

Hi,

I am not sure. But it looks like there is a bend in your archwire to bring forward
and move up your left lateral. By doing so, your canine and left central moved
up a bit too. But their length is now very good. So, like Shawnie said, all 3 would
need to come down a bit. To close the gap that pic 1 shows, I think it should
be possible. If your bite is good and your upper/lower canine relationship is good
then do not change that occlusion. A good bite is very important. But maybe the
lower left lateral can be brought forward/tipped forward a little bit. And some
very small IPR on the upper left front teeth can also be done to win a little more.
I used several times the word "little". Because it is indeed detailing. You have
now a very nice bite, nice arches and great teeth. So, you had a very successful
treatment. But if these issues are bothering you, do not hesitate to ask to do
something about this. I am sure it can be done in only some weeks. It will only
eat a micro tiny lil bit of their profit. Your ortho will probably survive this.

Good luck !

jennielee81

#10 Post by jennielee81 »

Sending your ortho the pix was a great idea!

There is a chance that this problem developed since your last adjustment OR that it was to be resolved in the past weeks and wasn't.

You say that your ortho is one of the best in your area, I would assume that he would be very willing to fix this problem before debonding.

Let us know how it goes!!

Jenn
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

HeyTeach

#11 Post by HeyTeach »

In case you didn't realize it, Parr was joking with you...he's that kind of kid.

I'm interested in what happens too so please keep us informed. Here's hoping for all the best. (I get nervous when I hear profit in regards to medical treatments.)

NotBob1

#12 Post by NotBob1 »

Actually, Teach, no I did not realize they that Parr was kidding. I read some of his previous posts and I am not sure that you are correct in this.... :? I would actually consider his statement to be near that of a fetish posting.

Nervous about profit?? Why??? It is a business and businesses must generate profit....If they don't, then there are no federal taxes to be collected upon that business. Now if only I could get mine to do this! Now, that said, your profession is likely one of the most underpaid and overworked and under praised yet most important professions around. I applaude you for your dedication!!! I digress. Please exuse me.

It looks to me to be WAY OFF, however, the majority here seem to agree that it is minor. Majority rules....

Thanks!
Pat

NotBob1

#13 Post by NotBob1 »

Well, I'm back and they are still with me. She agreed that this was not where she expected them to be. Four more weeks and we should be there.

I'll take your word for it, Tracy. I just thought it was an odd comment.
Pat

felipe

#14 Post by felipe »

I had the exact same problem as you. One side of my jaw is slightly longer than the other. I think that was the reason.
It's on like Donkey Kong

PARR

#15 Post by PARR »

Sorry for expecting what I said to come across correctly without tone of voice, not possible on email. Fetish? medical gear is not my thing, just my job. But I meant what I said, you have a great smile! I do have a wicked sense of humor and for that I appologize if I caused offense. Having decided to get a fixed up mouth, I am into it, as are many others here from what I read. I am also into working out and other aspects of physical maintanence and improvement. But this is your post and I'm hogging it. I'm glad to read your expectations will be met.